What's new

Tech - Full Auto Armor Break or 50/50 set up

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
The following is in no way totally unavoidable, let me get that out of the way... Will edit this with new found information.

This will break armored wake ups, or cause your opponent if they become familiar with this set up, not to wake up with armor. The low rocket actually won't hit them even if they stand block. Basically, you're gonna have to still guess on your 50/50, but so are they ;). If you think your opponent will not wake up with armor you can go into a normal OH combo [releasing the rocket at a point to not interfere with, or to add to your combo of choice] For your low B33 option, just release as you go for the low. As I said, the rocket will not hit them even if they are stand blocking.

This will basically be used to break armor, or train your opponent not to wake up with armor and force them to guess your 50/50.

Shout to @MsMiharo with the original MB Low Rocket grab tech.

Kung Lao can tech roll into wake up [referring to the example above] which makes the timing on this particular version not work in time, but his Vortex is 7 frames. Still viable on slower wake ups even if they do tech into wake up. We'll have to test this more on different characters to see their options. Just used Lao to show this blowing up a superior wake up attack.

: Updated with some caution info...

I'll mess with this a little more at some point to see if there's more possibilities, feel free to do the same and see what you guys can find so we can add to this. Be aware if they wake up blocking the timing seems to be different between the grab being used as a hit to break their armor and it just being used as a grab into explosion for [14%], [at least on Lao] and if the grab whiffs, [-24] you die. Sure it can also be done more efficiently with certain normals. Maybe S2 or S4. S1 while holding the Low Rocket seems to give you a grab [Only in this situation, don't know why] Consider this a rough draft for more possibilities. Sure you guys can help improve upon this.

Just found that D1 works really well and is relatively safe at -7. We all know D3 is her best poke, but you're currently holding the charged rocket so D1 seems to be ideal for this set up.

For anyone who's unfamiliar with the character/technique. What you would want to do is, slide/roll/tilde the D1 to the release of the MB Low Rocket in order to break the armor.

@TrulyAmiracle
@SaltShaker
@Eldriken
@Pan1cMode
@JustinXavier21
@karaokelove
@rev0lver
@StormGoddess
@Rip Torn
@Pterodactyl
@PandaManee
@Ecodus
@Youphemism

Any Jacqui fam I might have forgotten...

Bonus techable, blockable, maybe good for online randoms troll tech... :)

Last edited:

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Was looking for certain cancelable normals that HKD from airborne state, to apply this midsceen. B12's recovery is the only airborne hitting hard knockdown I could find, is not special cancelable, and has too many recovery frames to apply anything lol. F12 HKD's grounded only, but why would anyone ever not finish the regular BnB after confirming that.

Oh well, this is still good for the corner anyhow. Been using D1 now for this Tech.

Damn... NO ONE likes this character. Makes me said...

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Was looking for certain cancelable normals that HKD from airborne state, to apply this midsceen. B12's recovery is the only airborne hitting hard knockdown I could find, is not special cancelable, and has too many recovery frames to apply anything lol. F12 HKD's grounded only, but why would anyone ever not finish the regular BnB after confirming that.

Oh well, this is still good for the corner anyhow. Been using D1 now for this Tech.

I'm planning to lab with her a bit tomorrow.

stosn

Noob
I`m playing as Jaqui a little. And I think it's a waste of meter, to use EX db3. This may work against inexperienced ( in this MU ) opponents.
Its my personal opinion

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
I`m playing as Jaqui a little. And I think it's a waste of meter, to use EX db3. This may work against inexperienced ( in this MU ) opponents.
Its my personal opinion
Yeah, it's nothing like OMG! Just an option to add to her arsenal.

Wish she had cancelable Hand Cannon, not comboable, actually negative would be fine, kinda like Jax's Rocket Launcher. Hehheh, one could dream.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!

Try 212.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Right. Totally off topic, but... Is there a certain thread or spot where the majority of her anti air options for FA are discussed?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Right. Totally off topic, but... Is there a certain thread or spot where the majority of her anti air options for FA is discussed?
No, you should create one.

Her options are (from bad to worse):

- db2 (mostly on read)
- walk back and trip guard with f1
- iaji3
- df2 (from distance as they land)
- dash forward under (works for cross up jumps or on wakeup)
- njp (sometimes works but often trades)
- s1 (against shitty jump ins)
- d1 (against shirty jump ins)
- 4u4 (hella inconsistent)
- d2 (lol)

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Thank you kind sir, was looking for more options.

4~DB2 works at certain ranges, and D1~DB2 is pretty good on cross ups. Both not completely foolproof, but lead to over 30%

exLowRocket oki is somewhat legit. I mostly use 1,1 into b2~bf2: 1,1 is there to account for delay wakeup. Furthermore I think exLowRocket is very underused in neutral. Because it makes people stop pressing buttons which is important considering the slow startup of b2/b3 and kara-cancels. Sadly I haven't had much success with it yet, because I keep spending the most of my meter on 1212~exUpRocket punishes.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
I managed to trap someone with consistantly pulling Ex low rocket in the corner and using an overhead as I release 3.
Pretty funny since it appears to be unblockable unless you have lightning reflexes.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
I managed to trap someone with consistantly pulling Ex low rocket in the corner and using an overhead as I release 3.
Pretty funny since it appears to be unblockable unless you have lightning reflexes.
EX Low Rocket shenanigans do work pretty good in the corner. :) Lately I just spend my meter in the corner on ending combos into standing grab resets though.