What's new

General/Other Ares Problem

CORN alucarD

THE God of War
Ok fellas... WHO DO I TALK TO ABOUT MY 2,2 STRING WHIFFING ON CERTAIN DUCKING CHARACTERS????? Its really Ares only Fast Mid Mid string and some characters can still duck my mid... Can anyone verify this? Or post a video of this happening on various characters.. Does Ed have some sort of mailbox where we complain or something???

ryublaze

Noob
Lol I was just now realizing this in training mode and the 2nd hit always whiffed on Joker. I hate this cuz I really like using 22 as pressure.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Ok fellas... WHO DO I TALK TO ABOUT MY 2,2 STRING WHIFFING ON CERTAIN DUCKING CHARACTERS????? Its really Ares only Fast Mid Mid string and some characters can still duck my mid... Can anyone verify this? Or post a video of this happening on various characters.. Does Ed have some sort of mailbox where we complain or something???
its not only ares who has this prblem, the flash's b22 and b22f3 strings also wiff on characters when ducking, so b22 is +3 and is his main footsies and pressure tool to use, and if it wiffs the opponent gets full combo, same with b22f3, the very last hit of b22f3 randomaly wiffs and leaves him -10000000000000, it really disgusts me that this is still in the game.
colt can you help us out here?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
its not only ares who has this prblem, the flash's b22 and b22f3 strings also wiff on characters when ducking, so b22 is +3 and is his main footsies and pressure tool to use, and if it wiffs the opponent gets full combo, same with b22f3, the very last hit of b22f3 randomaly wiffs and leaves him -10000000000000, it really disgusts me that this is still in the game.

Yeah.. I remember that happening quite a few times against Krayzie 's Catwoman... lol.

LaR

Noob
You can't really compare those strings you're one is fast overhead that has great range and you still have the option to cancel 2 into a lighting kick if the second hit wiffs.

Zyphox

You can't really compare those strings you're one is fast overhead that has great range and you still have the option to cancel 2 into a lighting kick if the second hit wiffs.
b22 is not a fast overhead, thats f2, and thats even worse.

LaR

Noob
b22 is not a fast overhead, thats f2, and thats even worse.
oh right but still at least you can cancel that into lightning kick or the overhead special to stop them ducking. When Ares 22 string wiffs on certain characters the string becomes useless.

Zyphox

oh right but still at least you can cancel that into lightning kick or the overhead special to stop them ducking. When Ares 22 strings wiffs on certain characters the string becomes useless.
have you tried to do something when b22f3 wiffs randomly? or b22? i am guessing no because b22f3 when it wiffs is even worse recover than ares, i just went and tested ares 22, b22f3 when the 2nd hit of the last f3 wiffs cannot cancel to a damn thing, nor b22 when it wiffs, the only i can do from b22 wiffs is b22f3 and the frame data from b22 to the f3 part is horrendous and you wiffed the b2(2) part so good luck.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
This is a pretty big deal.

If Ares or Flash are fighting an opponent that can duck 22 and is aware of this,
he might get full-combo punished just for a blockstring :/

CORN alucarD

THE God of War
Yea, its really bad... I get full punished for my mid attack being ducked.. Its not meant to be ducked so its really punishable. :( I dont know what to do. A lot of my strings are based around this safe, unduckable string.. THIS IS "NOT" WAR.

LaR

Noob
have you tried to do something when b22f3 wiffs randomly? or b22? i am guessing no because b22f3 when it wiffs is even worse recover than ares, i just went and tested ares 22, b22f3 when the 2nd hit of the last f3 wiffs cannot cancel to a damn thing, nor b22 when it wiffs, the only i can do from b22 wiffs is b22f3 and the frame data from b22 to the f3 part is horrendous and you wiffed the b2(2) part so good luck.
I meant cancelling b2 into special at least you have that option Ares does not. If some one can duck his 22 the string becomes useless.

Zyphox

I meant cancelling b2 into special at least you have that option Ares does not. If some one can duck his 22 the string becomes useless.
ares can do 2 weapon dash cancel dash back as well or dash forward so he has an option too as long as he has a weapon.

CORN alucarD

THE God of War
Can't do anything after 2 that the opponent can't down 1 you out of.. The string is supposed to be just that... A string.. lol... So far its been whiffing on Doomsday and HawkGirl. I just seen this today as I was playing casually.. Not too happy about it..

CORN alucarD

THE God of War
Doomsday is a pretty big character for it to be whiffing on IMO... And if I miss I eat a d+1 into ground pound... Which is a knockdown which is critical against the big guy... :( Sucks

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM
strings being ducked in this game is a big problem, is a lot more prominent in this game then mk9. really annoying to try a string and have someone just mash d1 under it

CORN alucarD

THE God of War
Most Definitely... Especially when the strings says Mid Mid... Shouldn't be possible. Who spams high strings?? Not me... So I do frame traps that go into Mids, only to be ducked anyway... Unacceptable.

The Gabriel

Mean Man
So you can't duck a HIGH string after blocking a ridiculous hitbox crossup jump-in like Batman, but you can duck an Ares mid string? Jesusfingchristo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strings being ducked in this game is a big problem, is a lot more prominent in this game then mk9. really annoying to try a string and have someone just mash d1 under it
That's ironic because the only character I use that I just mash down 1 with during other's attacks is Ares lol. d1 sword was like my main combo starter haha. But his lack of wakeups made me stick with Deathstroke instead

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Alucard if I were you I'd tweet @Pakostevens and ask about it -- that's a pretty big deal, and Ares already needs pretty much everything he has in order to compete with the better characters.