What's new

Match-up Discussion Ares matchup discussion and useful tech against him.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Alright, let me start off by saying that he is my biggest pain in the ass to play against. I have pretty much most of my other trouble match ups figured out to this point in the game (or at least I think I do) but this fucking bastard is a thorn in my side.

I can out zone him and punish his teleport(most if the time) but of all the character players he seems to be my kryptonite. I can have a healthy 50% life lead and be zoning the shit out if him to finish him off and bam, he just comes back and hits me with a reset. This usually happens AFTER I hit my full screen 2 MB and 3 trait combo so even if I do have a clash I am screwed.

Like I said, I can punish the pricks teleport well of a block string but I feel like I am playing this MU all wrong and should be more aggressive.

I did watch Pig and Chaospheres matches a few weeks ago and that helped a bit.

Anybody else having a shit ball if a time with this asshole and want to discuss some God-breaking stuff?

Thanks

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Well, Ares is the most powerful counter-zoner in the game. So getting into a projectile based zoning war favors him heavily. You want to fight Ares at a closer range than most opponents and don't try to outzone him (I know it feels really weird) use your constructs instead. Whenever you feel Ares will perform a teleport punish do....d3, cross over j3, or grab.

This is what has worked for me. Hoped this helped.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Actually you can also punish his teleport in 2 other ways:

-11>shackles if you know he's going to teleport.
-wait to see him do an animation of any kind then fear blast. If he was doing a projectile, you trade. If he teleports in front of you, you hit, and if he teleports behind you the game auto-corrects it to shackles.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Well, Ares is the most powerful counter-zoner in the game. So getting into a projectile based zoning war favors him heavily. You want to fight Ares at a closer range than most opponents and don't try to outzone him (I know it feels really weird) use your constructs instead. Whenever you feel Ares will perform a teleport punish do....d3, cross over j3, or grab.

This is what has worked for me. Hoped this helped.

Thanks for your help and the poster below you. After this little bit of info I haven't had as much trouble and am fairing well. After about a grab or two they forget about tele.

Thanks again.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Thanks for your help and the poster below you. After this little bit of info I haven't had as much trouble and am fairing well. After about a grab or two they forget about tele.

Thanks again.
Your welcome my friend. Good Ares players always give me problems. I have him as one of the top 5 worst match-ups for Sinestro, but that is just my premature opinion. We won't really know for a few months until all the patches are done what the match-up chart is.