What's new

Strategy Ares j1

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
I wanna talk about ares j1.
Its a move that covers alot of distance and i think its really good.

I know its good for air to air, i think every ares players know this.

When you neutral jump1, it cover alot of range, you can be out of distance of my normals while you can hit your opponent.
It seems very effective, especially when invisible.

Its good after a knockdown when you space yourself to be right in the range to make j1 hit when you neutral jump. It really looks like your gonna whiff.

Also when your midscreen, j1 covers so much distance with his range.

Anyways what are your toughts?

4x4lo8o

Noob
It's got awesome horizontal range. A lot of time you can ji1 on a grounded opponent at max j1 range and either they can't aa you or won't try to aa because they think you're out of range and you can hit them as they try to whiff punish the jump in.

Similarly you can nj1 and sometimes it looks like you're out of range and going to whiff and can catch the opponent doing something.

jb1 can be extremely frustrating for some characters to deal with as they're trying to get.

And of course j1 is a pretty reliable air to air in most match ups

P3irce

Noob
Nj1 into tele b2 is one of my favorite setups if I know the opponent is gonna be jumping a lot, they always think the nj1 leaves them far enough that they don't need to use wakeup and then the overhead catches them

Prepatch this was my main tool to stave off the jumping shennanigans of Batmans and Black Adams alike :D. If you read a jump, back j1 IMO is second to none in air to airs in this game. Not to mention the pose Ares does is fuckin' swag

The Gabriel

Mean Man
It loses to a couple random jump attacks though...like doomsday's body splash (it seems like when they nerfed the hitbox to that move, they also nerfed its hurtbox) and joker's crowbar