What's new

Video/Tutorial Ares Combo Video (BnBs with Every Launcher + High Damage Combos) by InFlames

4x4lo8o

Noob
I would just use the usual D2-F23~Dark Energy. I haven't really tried anything with D2, I find it too slow to be a practical AA anyway.
There's the d2 buff coming. Even without the buff I've been having some success with it. If they're spaced right and you know they're going to jump it works pretty well. I feel like the larger problem is how bad it is on whiff and block

I've been using d2~invis, 3d2~Dark Energy
Anything using trait doesn't seem worth it. D2 scales too much, so you're giving up trait for 9 seconds for very little damage

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I would just use the usual D2-F23~Dark Energy. I haven't really tried anything with D2, I find it too slow to be a practical AA anyway.
I have it as a good punisher for a few moves, green lanterns air missile is the big one, tele the jump and catch em with a d2, I found a couple setups off of it around the same damage, d2, b23, 1, d3, d3 lands the hard knockdown and puts you in the perfect ambiguous jumping 2 range which is hella hard to block and WU on. 16%. Normal b2,3 shenanigans. 3d2 axe for a good 21% and putting the opponent back to full screen. Its useful to explore with the patch coming but also to try and utilize all that hes got.

Can we talk about d1 starters? Even though d1 is not hit confirmable for combos starting in d1 d4, it seems like a reasonably fast move to start the combo and it forces them to block low.

When should I start d1 d4 over 112 d4?

InFlames

dead
I have it as a good punisher for a few moves, green lanterns air missile is the big one, tele the jump and catch em with a d2, I found a couple setups off of it around the same damage, d2, b23, 1, d3, d3 lands the hard knockdown and puts you in the perfect ambiguous jumping 2 range which is hella hard to block and WU on. 16%. Normal b2,3 shenanigans. 3d2 axe for a good 21% and putting the opponent back to full screen. Its useful to explore with the patch coming but also to try and utilize all that hes got.
I forgot about the D2 buff coming in. I'll play around with it and see if I find any good one although that hard knockdown seems like the best choice at the moment.
Can we talk about d1 starters? Even though d1 is not hit confirmable for combos starting in d1 d4, it seems like a reasonably fast move to start the combo and it forces them to block low.

EDIT: I misread. Aquaman said it perfectly below.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
ya d3 is awesome setup, stops the damned lanterns might, but this applies to all characters, with a b3, or d4, going into a b2,3, d3. same setup can be applied to all.

I use 112 d4 to keep pressure on because a b1 is free after a blocked d4, and is easily confirmable into full combo if you see d4 hit. d1d4 is just a phenomenal counter poke blow up, and d1 alone has many setups. D1 blocked is....shit minus something omg im a scrub, but once I see one hit your at an advantage of +9 so almost any pressure or 50/50 you wanna throw is free, just gotta see it happen. I mean to write up a guide but im in the middle of an aquaman write up thats quite tedious. When I do I want everyones thoughts, inflames get ready to take some credit for almost every ares combo haha

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
When you dont have your sword up, d1 is great for when u hit, to follow up with 3d2 because usually when they get hit with d1 they go in crouching block mode and because its +9 on hit you will often get big damage of it when hit. Its a really helpfull tool to get 3d2 in play because its rather slow in startup.

4x4lo8o

Noob
What kind of air to air combos do you have?

I drop these all the time in matches because of all the variation in heights and distances. Anyone got anything that's consistent and provides pretty good damage?

InFlames

dead
What kind of air to air combos do you have?

I drop these all the time in matches because of all the variation in heights and distances. Anyone got anything that's consistent and provides pretty good damage?
J2-3D2~Dark Energy, or you can go with J2-223 and J2-B13 if they're close to the ground.