What's new

Are your mk9 skills are gonna remain usefull in IGAU?

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Just wondering this, because it seems like there are some things comparable to mk9, and ofcourse its from the makers of mk9 and it getting build from the mk9 engine.
Im kinda curious to see how the top mk players are gonna do against pro's from other fighting games.

Ppl will still feel at home in MK9 but the ppl that loves dc comics will be a problem vs the mk community

SILENCE !!!!! THE EMPEROR IS SPEAKING !!!

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
I believe fighting game fundamentals will remain useful in any game. They'll have to be adjusted, sure -- but spacing, poking, string execution, timing, prediction, reading etc. are critical in every fighting game and will never go away.
Yeah i know but i went from tekken to mk9 and its a huge difference...the same is probably for most fighting games, but i guess i didnt put as much time in tekken as i did in mk9 and i wasnt nearly half as good as a fightinggame player back then as i am now.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Yeah i know but i went from tekken to mk9 and its a huge difference...the same is probably for most fighting games, but i guess i didnt put as much time in tekken as i did in mk9 and i wasnt nearly half as good as a fightinggame player back then as i am now.
Don't expect the difference between MK9 and Injustice to be as big as big as the diffence to MK9.. And you see what Slips has been able to do in MK9 :)

I think the key is, the skills translate, but you still have to stay dedicated to the new game as well to keep up with other players -- you can't just casually play it and expect to be tops. But it's an enormous advantage regardless.

No, you either have FG fundamentals or not. But MK9 skills won't translate. Basic overall FG skills will translate.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
No, you either have FG fundamentals or not. But MK9 skills won't translate. Basic overall FG skills will translate.
I really disagree. Same combo system, same pacing and style of game, and similar fighting engine/juggles/gravity/inputs/etc. -- I think we'll be kidding ouselves if we say that no skills from MK9 will be useful in Injustice. Lets be real.

Just because a Breaker becomes a Clash and an X-ray becomes a Super Move doesn't mean that suddenly MK9 players will feel like fish out of water.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I see Mk players being just fine in Injustice, the major adjustments that a lot of us will need to make are just recognizing cross-ups and also there seems to be a lot of cancels in order to keep combos going and I think that will take some adjusting on our end but that isn't too bad at all. Everything other major factor that will effect MK players will effect everyone else as well. For the most part we should all be fine from what I've seen, just be ready for dem cross-ups because some of the setups and jump ins look ambiguous and dirty as fuck from what I've seen in videos.

I really disagree. Same combo system, same pacing and style of game, and similar fighting engine/juggles/gravity/inputs/etc. -- I think we'll be kidding ouselves if we say that no skills from MK9 will be useful in Injustice. Lets be real.

Just because a Breaker becomes a Clash and an X-ray becomes a Super Move doesn't mean that suddenly MK9 players will feel like fish out of water.
People are in for a rude awakening, if they believe what you just stated being the "same". Juggs, your thoughts?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
People are in for a rude awakening, if they believe what you just stated.
Dude this is a bit of an exaggeration tbh. Of course there are some things we are going to have to learn that are new to MK players, but that is going to go for everyone playing this game because it just has features that we haven't really seen before. Cross-ups are about as serious as it's going to get for most people as far as catching up with everyone else is concerned. Luckily MK isn't the only game I play so I'm ready. What is it that makes you think it will be so much harder out of curiosity?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Oh i know lol. It's gonna get nasty. I just hope they don't jack up the wake up system in this game so some oki set ups actually work haha.

Reptile would be so fucking good in this game lol
That is one of my major concerns with IGAU, wake ups in MK9 are fucking busted.