What's new

Are You Disappointed That Kronika is Not Playable?

Are you Disappointed About Kronika not Being Playable?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This too, I was thinking more along the lines of there was no 'TOASTY' and the fatalities felt lame and things like that. MK9 managed to Ooze personality on a lot of different stuff, even the Challenger tower had a lot of charm and fun.

I wholeheartedly agree on the story trying to cover too much, and with the komics trying to do so much as well for the 25 year gap. I played MKXs story recently and noticed that too about Kano's 'snare' that disrupted Raiden and made him visit 'many strange realms.' I think one of the endings mentioned it, or it was mentioned in some MK11 thing (intro or trailer.)r

I've got faith in the team and komic writer being involved with this games story but honestly there's been so much going on with the story I don't think it can be anything but convoluted.
You might be right, and it might indeed be convoluted; we;ll know in three weeks!

For Mortal Kombat (2011), keep in mind it was _all_ nostalgia and fan service, and was revitalizing the franchise after the original developer went under and after the disappointment that Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe was. They kept everything safe there, and it worked out fantastically.

One thing I've always loved about the franchise though is that they never make the same game twice. The development team always experiments and tried to do different things with each title, and that adds great variety. The downer is it also means sometimes the things they implement, or an entire title, isn't so great after all.

With Mortal Kombat X, they were definitely trying new things. Originally, Mortal Kombat: Armageddon was meant to kill everyone off and Midway was going to continue the franchise with all new characters. That didn't happen, of course, but it was clear with Mortal Kombat X that they were looking at replacing lots of characters with new characters. Cassie replaces either Cage or Sonya, Jacquie replaces Jax, etc., and they were testing the waters.

They also changed the overall flow and feel of the game by bringing back Running and putting a huge emphasis on offence.

In terms of in-game stuff poking fun at itself though, keep in mind there was Cassie's Selfie Fatality, some very comical intro dialogue, all of those crazy modifers in Towers and the rotating Living Towers. Test Your Luck was also finally brought Online!

I think it still was pretty good at keeping the lack of serious feel.

The comics though, while good, were all over the place, honestly. Look at Ermac, for example. We see in-game he rebels against Mileena and sides with Kotal right when Kotal usurps here, yet in the comics, long after her resistance movement is going, Ermac's back with her!!! He then leaves her at the end of the series. So did he flip flop, or was that a major plothole?

Shao Kahn's Wrath Hammer was with Quan Chi during the NetherRealm War, yet in the comics Kotal had it.

There's other wonky lore stuff in the comics, and again while enjoyable, I found it was so disjointed from the actual game story that it muddled some stuff up a lot more.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
They haven't even shown her power yet. We know she can do time shit, but there isn't a single shot of her fighting. She could be the most boring boss yet for all we know. Or she could be ultra sick with some of her specials being her summoning npcs for assists.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
You might be right, and it might indeed be convoluted; we;ll know in three weeks!

For Mortal Kombat (2011), keep in mind it was _all_ nostalgia and fan service, and was revitalizing the franchise after the original developer went under and after the disappointment that Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe was. They kept everything safe there, and it worked out fantastically.

One thing I've always loved about the franchise though is that they never make the same game twice. The development team always experiments and tried to do different things with each title, and that adds great variety. The downer is it also means sometimes the things they implement, or an entire title, isn't so great after all.

With Mortal Kombat X, they were definitely trying new things. Originally, Mortal Kombat: Armageddon was meant to kill everyone off and Midway was going to continue the franchise with all new characters. That didn't happen, of course, but it was clear with Mortal Kombat X that they were looking at replacing lots of characters with new characters. Cassie replaces either Cage or Sonya, Jacquie replaces Jax, etc., and they were testing the waters.

They also changed the overall flow and feel of the game by bringing back Running and putting a huge emphasis on offence.

In terms of in-game stuff poking fun at itself though, keep in mind there was Cassie's Selfie Fatality, some very comical intro dialogue, all of those crazy modifers in Towers and the rotating Living Towers. Test Your Luck was also finally brought Online!

I think it still was pretty good at keeping the lack of serious feel.

The comics though, while good, were all over the place, honestly. Look at Ermac, for example. We see in-game he rebels against Mileena and sides with Kotal right when Kotal usurps here, yet in the comics, long after her resistance movement is going, Ermac's back with her!!! He then leaves her at the end of the series. So did he flip flop, or was that a major plothole?

Shao Kahn's Wrath Hammer was with Quan Chi during the NetherRealm War, yet in the comics Kotal had it.

There's other wonky lore stuff in the comics, and again while enjoyable, I found it was so disjointed from the actual game story that it muddled some stuff up a lot more.
I agree, the nostalgia absolutely worked too lol. The komics definitely confused it all when the game actually released, so many conflicting story points. I was disappointed because I liked the komic story better lol, but we've gotten off topic here.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I don't think she was designed to be a actual fighter so I don't mind that she's not playable

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Storyline wise, she'd probably murk everyone since Boon confirmed she's "higher than the Elder Gods" and let's be real they'd pretty much murk everyone or should lol so yeah...in a way I'm not bummed about it. They'd have to make some lame plot device to nerf her so a mortal can beat her. People already got bent out of shape with Cassie beating Shinnok lol.

Geras, LK and anyone else being her lackeys are good enough they'll probably get amped by her or something and Raiden, Cetrion, SF's, Sub, Scorp etc will have to team up against her people.

FunnyMan

Noob
I was a bit disappointed but that's just because I think she looks really cool. I'll be happy to see her fuck some people up in story mode tho.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Nope. We have enough absurdly overpowered characters on the roster already, we don't need any more Elder Gods or Elder Elder Gods. Geras is a great replacement with the same ability theme.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
It only bothers me if she is not playable in the next game. I am fine with the boss character skipping this game, but the first female boss needs to be playable at some point.