What's new

Are these set-ups viable?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I was just wondering because I couldn't really find much on this, but I'd like to ask if a few of these set-ups are worth using like I have been using them;

Firstly, 214(on hit), then teleport. I use this more than I probably should but I honestly find this to be very useful when you mix it up with a whiffed teleport and zoning. I do it right after the 4 hits, so I land behind the opponent.

Second, the splat set-up (midscreen), something short, like 12B1, NJP, Teleport, NJP, teleport or, y'know, a viable combo that puts them face first in the dirt. When I do this, the second TU whiffs, leaving you directly on top of your opponent. As far as I know, it's safe and it's a great conditioning tool because I get a lot of people trying to do wake-ups off of it just to get blown up. Can cross up for more pressure but you run the risk of getting hit by certain wake-ups.

I had a third one but I can't remember it, will edit that in later. :[

Someone tell me if these are useful gimmicks or it's better simply to keep in a safe zone, I do want to improve on my red robot.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
the njp splat is nice to use every once in awhile, follow it up with stance overhead or b3

the 214 instant air tele setup is gimmicky because you aren't safe after the whiffed tele, (I'm pretty sure most of the cast can punish) but I guess if your opponent doesn't expect it then by all means try it.

Reactions: RYX