What's new

Match-Up Discussion - D'Vorah Are these bad match-ups for D'Vorah?

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
Its never to early to discuss match ups. Just not in numbers like 6-4. It's to help people who have trouble with what their doing wrong. And to solve it

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
I learned a very fun string with d'vorah and she has something similar to mileena's roll, it's the one where d'vorah crawls and it's a roll. That looks really good for beating zoning.

HarmTheHomeless

How2GetAnSTD
So far, I feel at an advantage against reptile. I'll need to grind out that matchup some more but right now it feels good. D4 seriously kills any momentum Reptile can build, depending on the variation is the bnb after you punish him for any special you block, they're all unsafe so its easy to exploit. Venomous is my variation of choice in this fight. Assuming this reptile isn't special crazed, you can control the space better then he can with f2 and d4, stacking poison everytime you connect. Her db1 beats out his slow orb sets up and can be followed up to 20-30% variation dependant. Mb db4 for armor will kill all his pressure of trying to come in with the orb. 5.5-4.5 dvorah always seems to have the meter advantage in this fight. Subjected to change, of course

Krackatoa

BEES? BEES!
Guys, is there a way to punish Liu Kangs overhead
d4 RC > Mixup

That's all you get. d4 xx Ovi whiffs.

Oh. You also get raw Ovi Charge. Dat 6%.

Honestly I feel a lack of decent 10 frame or faster punishes is really going to hurt D'vorah in the long run.

Last edited:

HarmTheHomeless

How2GetAnSTD
H
d4 RC > Mixup

Honestly I feel a lack of decent 10 frame or faster punishes is really going to hurt D'vorah in the long run.
Right, I like conditioning my opponent like the next guy but I love doing it with damage

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
d4 RC > Mixup

I am feeling you on the lack of fast normals or strings. For characters like Kano or Jax, with really fast normals and tight strings, it seems they can just keep continual pressure while pushing you into the corner and as D'Vorah you can not do much cause our buttons are too slow.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
D'Vorah in Swarm Queen variation loses to a lot of zoners pretty free. I competed in a tournament on Saturday and Quan Chi has every tool to keep D'vorah out.
D'vorah vs Quan Chi 3-7
D'vorah vs Sub-Zero 5-5
D'vorah vs Reptile 6-4

This is at least my opinion. For sub zero and reptile, her u3 beats all their reversals and so sub has to play grandmaster to truly beat her.
For the record I dont think we should be putting numbers to MUs yet but I do want to discuss them.

I disagree with the first two tbh. All you need is one EX wasp and you can run him to the corner, do a combo into the hard knockdown and he has to hold everything you throw at him. I wouldnt say its in her favor just yet but to say it is 7-3 is jumping the gun a little bit. My advice would be to hit the lab and figure out how to get in on him because even though it is super hard.

She also really bullies sub zero pretty bad, because her normals go through his ice clone and she gets run cancel pressure after those. Plus you can punish all of the clone cancels(except f4) with d4 into pressure again. The only place he really excels in the MU is the corner, but she only needs one throw to turn the tables around and go in on him in the corner. Venomous also helps in this MU because you can d4 and f22 through ice clones and constantly stack venom.

Reptile I could see being advantage but I would have to grind it out more.

P.S. You may be right in the long run but I think we still have a long ways to go to truly develop this character and see what her MUs look like.

Edit: I dont think she should have fast normals for punishing, I think that is one of her weaknesses that makes her ok balance wise. You all should also start working on run cancel 11 as the run cancel increases the range of 11(which is her fastest normal iirc)

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Edit: I dont think she should have fast normals for punishing, I think that is one of her weaknesses that makes her ok balance wise. You all should also start working on run cancel 11 as the run cancel increases the range of 11(which is her fastest normal iirc)
1,1 while good does not help in those tight situations. It really more like those fast character strings are too good. Been trying to find gaps in some of them, to at least armor through when meter is available.