What's new

Are there secret characters??

I saw the new thread about someone having the game and leaking a bunch of info. I don't want to read through it and ruin story or other surprises but I would like to know if there are in fact unlockables or not (Rain, Shinnok, Kronika, anyone...?)

Sorry for the new thread but again, I and I'm assuming some others don't want to read through the main one and ruin anything else

Thanks!

Damn... I mean that's cool she's in it but having multiple secret unlocks would have been epic

Maybe there will be a day 1 patch with unlockables still?! Lol

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
The weird thing is that the unlock able character

is that you unlock her after beating the fourth chapter in story mode. that seems really bizarre to me.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
The weird thing is that the unlock able character

is that you unlock her after beating the fourth chapter in story mode. that seems really bizarre to me.
Why does that seem weird to you?

MK9 and MKX are the only games where you unlock characters by completing the entire story mode, previous games had unlocks part way through. Chapter 4 either introduces her or features her prominently, so once that's done with, there's no reason to keep her locked anymore. As a bonus it means tournament players only have to play 4x4 fights to unlock her, as opposed to 4x16.

From what I've garnered, you can unlock both Shao Kahn and Frost through gameplay -OR- buy them for immediate access. So, these are kind of "unlockable"; even if not secret / hidden characters per se.