What's new

Question - Lasher Are There Any High Level Play Lasher Videos? (Post Aug 31st Patch)

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
Hey all,

I am looking for some high level play videos of the Lasher variation.. Preferably post Aug 31st patch...

Anyone have or know of any? If so please post it here... :)

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I was under the impression that Lasher was still very weak.

I've run into some strong Ronin and Shirai Ryu players post-patch though.

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
I wish I was a high level player, or at the very least considered myself a high level player, and would record myself playing. I'd upload my matches. I've been playing a lot of Lasher pre and post patch. Well before I started this break from MK a week ago. I still have a lot of work to do with him, like optimizing combos and stuff, but I have a pretty good feel for him and was able to just make up decent combos on the spot based off of Shirai Ryu.

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
I was under the impression that Lasher was still very weak.

I've run into some strong Ronin and Shirai Ryu players post-patch though.
Based on a few people I have spoken to, Lasher seems to do well against characters that SR has a hard time against (rush heavy)....

I wish I was a high level player, or at the very least considered myself a high level player, and would record myself playing. I'd upload my matches. I've been playing a lot of Lasher pre and post patch. Well before I started this break from MK a week ago. I still have a lot of work to do with him, like optimizing combos and stuff, but I have a pretty good feel for him and was able to just make up decent combos on the spot based off of Shirai Ryu.
When you do come back to MK, would you mind posting some vids? I'm looking specifically for the following characters:

Jax
Kano
Lui Kang
Reptile
(Or any other rush down heavy character you can think of)

Curious to see how someone who has experience playing with that variation deals with vs high level players using those characters... :)

Last edited:

Israfel

Designer for BxA
Hey all,

I am looking for some high level play videos of the Lasher variation.. Preferably post Aug 31st patch...

Anyone have or know of any? If so please post it here... :)
If your on XBL, you should hit up @Immortal Kombat he is one of the greatest Takeda's I've played in any of the variations

Reactions: GAV

GAV

Based on a few people I have spoken to, Lasher seems to do well against characters that SR have a hard time against (rush heavy)....

When you do come back to MK, would you mind posting some vids? I'm looking specifically for the following characters:

Jax
Kano
Lui Kang
Reptile
(Or any other rush down heavy character you can think of)

Curious to see how someone who has experience playing with that variation deals with vs high level players using those characters... :)
You'de better add KK to that list. :p

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Well one day I will get pro with lasher lol not there yet and I got frustrated as all hell from the cyber match up since that was the first time I played that match up. But I labbed it so I think I will do better next time
What? Lol what happened to Kenshi?

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
You'de better add KK to that list. :p
LOL.... It's easier (IMO) to stay away from KK using Shirai Ryu when compared to the characters mentioned in my previous post... I actually enjoy playing SR vs KK! :D

GAV

LOL.... It's easier (IMO) to stay away from KK using Shirai Ryu when compared to the characters mentioned in my previous post... I actually enjoy playing SR vs KK! :D
Yeah, its a pretty fun matchup.

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
Well one day I will get pro with lasher lol not there yet and I got frustrated as all hell from the cyber match up since that was the first time I played that match up. But I labbed it so I think I will do better next time
Looking forward to some vids against those characters if you get a chance to record game play... :)

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
I'm willing to play anyone with my lasher. He was my day 1 main and I'm picking him up again cuz his new air whips are gangster and as good as Catwoman's j2. And CW was my main in IGAU

TamedLizard

Buff George
Takeda is a lot of fun to play. I do wish Lasher was better though. Whip Assualt is still one of the most visually appealing moves in the game to me.

I remember doing it at the midnight release tournament like "yeeaauuuh, come at me bruh."

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
I'm willing to play anyone with my lasher. He was my day 1 main and I'm picking him up again cuz his new air whips are gangster and as good as Catwoman's j2. And CW was my main in IGAU
I would've taken you up on that offer but I only have XB1 and Steam lol

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
I've been uploading footage from a tournament in August, called "Fighting game Tiurnament" in Buffalo. We had players from cleveland, Pennsylvania, Canada, Buffalo, and central New York make the trip, and many of the mwere bodied in MKX by "Newby" Lasher Takeda. He and I both believe that this was Takeda's best variation until Ronin got buffed.
MKX is the largest file, so I'll upload it last, He made top 10, I'll link you to his matches.