What's new

Are players forced to respect Sonya's jump in?

if you have a good anti air move that also beats jumpkicks you shouldnt really have to respect it. like smoke standing 2 and cage b3 still beats it I think. also walk back and let them whiff their divekick

Justice

Noob
Sonya is a beast on the ground but in the air, not so much. One of the biggest holes in Sonya's ground game is the fact that all but one of her strings start high and if she starts the 312 string to a ducking opponent, the 1 will whiff high. This makes Sonya want to jump in to force her opponent to stand even with blocking since it will still give her a block string, meter gain and position for cancel shenanigans.

Basically, letting Sonya get within sweep range period is a bad idea. I wouldn't say that players are forced to respect her jump ins since Sonya is pretty vulnerable in the air, it's more the results of a successful jump in that should worry you.

I try to space her out so dive kicks whiff. You cant always do that....id say its char dependant too. If your chars mid screen dmg is weak there isnt much deterrent to risking a blocked divekick