What's new

Question - Covert Ops Are MS Stance Cancel really that good?

SeasonedGeisha

Make Harley Consistent 2k18
I have seen Sonic Fox Vs Yomi Djt(Correct me if im wrong). Where he used covert ops, and was having very good ms stance cancels. Are they actually Viable? And does this now make her mix ups even more dangerous? She is part of my top 4 mains Since the game came out and I never tried this till recently! Btw Imma online scrub, So its even easier to get her mixups. Even though I have good connection.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
They're not fast, and the options afterwards are all unsafe in a different way. It's just a hit confirm tool, if the opponent blocked your low or overehad, you immediately cancel your military stance in order to be able to defend yourself in time.

I was watching the match and I was really on the fence about whether I should lean towards "cancel out and be safe" or "double down and mixup"

Canceling out makes her safe but she's still around -8. She's safe but still in danger. You generally are going to have to deal with the opponent's pressure or a mixup.

So in a way, doing the mixup afterwards isn't terribly more unsafe then canceling out. Both give me a chance to avoid punishment, both have a chance I'll get hurt if the opponent guess right.

So yeah, not sure.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
I'd say it's very effective and more Sonya players should use it against those players who like to armor through the mixups, because it becomes a guess when to armor or not because she can cancel the stance, block your armor and punish you. Unless you have a safe armor, of course. I've done this a lot.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
She actually cancels quick enough to block anything in the game. Most characters have meterless options vs ms stance but since armor is what is used most commonly her reward is more than simply making her mix up safe

Has anyone played around with the cancel advantage after landing 121 into MS? It seems to me that when I confirm 121 hits and go into MS and cancel, I usually have enough time to go right into the overhead low mix up (unless the oppent is quick enough to poke right after the cancel)... Wasn't sure if anyone explored the actual frame data for that specific situation.