What's new

Are ChronusMax and Titanone converters banned or allowed

RM slacked

Shinnok trash from Canada.
Evo it's banned but most other tournaments it isn't, why didn't you like the FC4? I'm expecting mine any day now.

I like my Hori pad. What is your problem with it? I know the 2 extra buttons aren't that comfortable for MK, but apart from that I think it is just as good as the ps2 pad or maybe even a little better and I used Ps2 pad for mk9.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I like my Hori pad. What is your problem with it? I know the 2 extra buttons aren't that comfortable for MK, but apart from that I think it is just as good as the ps2 pad or maybe even a little better and I used Ps2 pad for mk9.
The trigger buttons have these little nipples on the end where I keep my finger,
Super annoying after playing for a while

Feels cheap

Dpad is stiff and still doesn't compare to ps2 or xbone

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
PS2 controller the best...I use it on Dreamcast, Gamecube, 360, PS3....I'd like to use it on PS4 also l0l

The trigger buttons have these little nipples on the end where I keep my finger,
Super annoying after playing for a while

Feels cheap

Dpad is stiff and still doesn't compare to ps2 or xbone
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61epxgkPNDL._SX385_.jpg

Not sure what you mean with the nipples. If you are talking about the letters on the triggers Ps2 pad had that as well. The one in the picture above is the japanese version, maybe it is a little different?

Houndovhell

Subby-Z is my Main Man, the Man that I Main
Heres the low-down, Pig.
I own an x1/ps4 and a chronus max. (no ps2 to usb converter yet) and I have used a ps3 fightstick, ps3 controller, and ps4 controller on my xbox one.
BUT - when I went to use any of those on the ps4 - in about 5-6 minutes, the controller would disconnect, no matter which one. Even though it works perfectly on my xbox 1 (which honestly, im thankful for because of KI) it does not work on my ps4 :/
I will be ordering something soon for a ps2 pad to usb converter, as I keep messing up with my back~forward motions on the ds4.

Pig Of The Hut

Heres the low-down, Pig.
I own an x1/ps4 and a chronus max. (no ps2 to usb converter yet) and I have used a ps3 fightstick, ps3 controller, and ps4 controller on my xbox one.
BUT - when I went to use any of those on the ps4 - in about 5-6 minutes, the controller would disconnect, no matter which one. Even though it works perfectly on my xbox 1 (which honestly, im thankful for because of KI) it does not work on my ps4 :/
I will be ordering something soon for a ps2 pad to usb converter, as I keep messing up with my back~forward motions on the ds4.
If u find anything plz let me know

Thanks for the update

ARMOR

Khaos God
Premium Supporter
I thought cronus was banned. Not the titan.
I used the titan at Scr prelude and the Egp Locals and there is zero problems with it. I don't feel lag and player 2 has never had a problem with it. To my understanding only the cronus is having the problems that they people that use it report.

Last edited:
I have the 4 button one not 6
I already thought something was wrong. You probably don't feel like buying another Hori pad anymore but this one really is different. The hori fightpads I know of all have a 6 button layout. Hori also makes pad for shooters and other games maybe you bought one of those?

The Hori Fc 4 pad is different it is designed for fighting games. I am talking about this one below:

http://www.amazon.com/HORI-Fighting-Commander-Controller-PlayStation-4/dp/B00TKLFES8

They are sold out at amazon, but you can still buy them from ebay or maybe order them from somewhere else. The Dpad on that one is definitely even less stiff than the ps2 dpad and apart from getting a little used to the 6 button lay out(you won't even notice the 2 extra buttons after 2 days), the hori fc 4 pad is really the best out there right now for ps4 imo. It looks uncomfortable to hold like a normal pad, but the pad is bigger than it looks and fits really well when you hold it just like the ps2 pad. I was very skeptical at first too, but this pad is definitely ten times better than ds4.

Pig Of The Hut

I already thought something was wrong. You probably don't feel like buying another Hori pad anymore but this one really is different. The hori fightpads I know of all have a 6 button layout. Hori also makes pad for shooters and other games maybe you bought one of those?

The Hori Fc 4 pad is different it is designed for fighting games. I am talking about this one below:

http://www.amazon.com/HORI-Fighting-Commander-Controller-PlayStation-4/dp/B00TKLFES8

They are sold out at amazon, but you can still buy them from ebay or maybe order them from somewhere else. The Dpad on that one is definitely even less stiff than the ps2 dpad and apart from getting a little used to the 6 button lay out(you won't even notice the 2 extra buttons after 2 days), the hori fc 4 pad is really the best out there right now for ps4 imo. It looks uncomfortable to hold like a normal pad, but the pad is bigger than it looks and fits really well when you hold it just like the ps2 pad. I was very skeptical at first too, but this pad is definitely ten times better than ds4.
I have that one too but didn't feel like accidently hitting two buttons that shouldnt be there + dropping a combo

I have that one too but didn't feel like accidently hitting two buttons that shouldnt be there + dropping a combo
I recommend you give it another try if you already have it. The 2 extra buttons don't bother me and I am really picky when it comes to pads. It literally only took 1,5 day to completely get used to it.

C-Sword

Noob
You can always change the controls.

Triangle = 1
R1 = 2
O = 3
R2 = 4
L1 and L2 switched to the right.

I don't think it's a very good idea to chain an inpin to a Titan One or a Cronus Max.

If only they could use the Xbox One as the tournament standard console, cause it has way more converters available.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
Out of curiousity, what's so good about the PS2 pad?
Nothing else feels comfortable anymore ever since I got used to the PS4 pad.

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
Out of curiousity, what's so good about the PS2 pad?
Nothing else feels comfortable anymore ever since I got used to the PS4 pad.
Strongest D-pad out of every controller besides maybe the SNES d-pad. It won't contort to your thumbs placement tendancies. Very responsive buttons, and the L2/R2 buttons are perfect, because they are buttons, not triggers.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
Strongest D-pad out of every controller besides maybe the SNES d-pad. It won't contort to your thumbs placement tendancies. Very responsive buttons, and the L2/R2 buttons are perfect, because they are buttons, not triggers.
Fair enough, thanks for the answer.
Might look in to it at some point.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I have a titan one. It definitely feels like it lags on ps4. Maybe that's just me though?

I haven't bothered to try it for more than a few mins but from my understanding they haven't solved the authentication problems yet (meaning it will desync around 8 minutes in). Fortunately most tournament sets won't take that long, but I wouldn't want to risk anything, plus it would be an annoyance in casuals. For this reason though, Evo has banned it until it's fixed. But most tournaments don't ban it outright.

I switched to a 6 button pad in mk9. I know it seems unnatural but for me it really didn't take that long to get used to it. I bet if you tried it you'd be comfortable within a couple days, it's not like switching from pad to stick. You shouldn't be accidentally hitting the wrong buttons either, it's literally the same layout as a normal controller with 2 buttons next to it. I set top right as my interactable button and bottom right for throw.

Also this is the pad I've heard most good things about. I blame @Blind_Ducky for convincing you to buy the other one lol.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I always hated the l2 r2 on ps2 pads lol, so many of mine got busted and stuck in and stuff

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I can't help but wonder what you did to it. I've had the same ps2 controller for like....15 years lol
it's important to note i was a kid at the time so i was probably just smashing the buttons lol. This was well before my first foray into competitive fighters