What's new

Question Are 50/50's toned down now?

Hi, as the patch came out today and since I can't download it till tonight after work out of all the new good things (and bad) the thing that im more interested in knowing from all you guys/gals that already played the new MK is...were in fact 50/50's toned down? I mean are overheads reactable now for the most part? Are they still the same? Please let me know your opinions and I appreciate your time.

trufenix

bye felicia
Still a lot of characters with unreactable mix-ups and powerful 50/50 combo starters.

Ermac, Sonya, Alien, Raiden, Cutthroat, Sub-Zero, Bo Rai Cho, Shinnok, Jax, etc. etc.
unreactable is fine as long as its not safe, armored or loopable. Are there any of those left (meterless)?

trufenix

bye felicia
Feel like it'll be easier as lows are generally faster than overheads now so crouch block-> stand block may be workable but it sounds like a fantasy.
Getting opened up by lightning fast bullshit is pretty common across all games, even everyone's favorite game MK9. MKX's biggest problem was making a read, successfully blocking and still getting punished or looped back into it again, IMO.

trufenix

bye felicia
Ok, so they're still strong. Thanks.
Alien still top tier, Sonya too.
I'm shooting from the hip, because I won't actually be able to play till the weekend but just at a glance three huge alien problems (armored flip, hard to punish flip, and delayable meterless rekkas) are all gone. Sonya, I don't know because every time I've played a Sonya since release it just seems like unblockable high damaging magic bullshit anyway.

Alien still top tier?
I know of changes done to him but not all, one of his "normalizations" because I woudnt even call it a nerf is now aliens tail has a hurtbox, well so does everyone else's since Mk came out, well there's exceptions like I'm not really sure if d'vorah and takeda got their limbs touched or not, but now it has a hurtbox/hitbox? But so? Still probably the best and longest normal/move out there. And by still having powerful 50/50's I don't see how alien won't continue being top tier, also I base this on NRS knowing how they did tanya, they definetely won't want to do the same mistake twice ans making alien too weak. At this time I really don't know who's gonna be top, but I hope I'm wrong. I play kitana, and while most are excited just like I am, some even thinking she's gonna be top tier now, I really don't think so. Buffs are good, but at the end of the day a character that doesn't have a high/low starter isn't as strong as a character that has those options. That's the reason I asked about 50/50's really.