What's new

Video/Tutorial Aquaman - Water Shield Punish vs Scorpion MB Teleport and more!

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
picking up aquaman. eat shit scorpion.

water shield does have some startup and recovery and only lasts a few seconds, so i guess you just use it at full screen in anticipation of one of scorpion's specials?

x0Kakashi

Kneel before me.
picking up aquaman. eat shit scorpion.

water shield does have some startup and recovery and only lasts a few seconds, so i guess you just use it at full screen in anticipation of one of scorpion's specials?
You basicly have to read his teleport cuz it doesnt work on reaction not for me atleast

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
You basicly have to read his teleport cuz it doesnt work on reaction not for me atleast
yeah and against an aquaman who is just staying away with water shield on, i guess scorpion's only safe option is to spam hellfire, but that gets him nothing, not even chip damage. the most he can hope for is hit AM after the water shield goes away.

btw why does the second hit of mb teleport go through AM? is that a glitch or...?

x0Kakashi

Kneel before me.
yeah and against an aquaman who is just staying away with water shield on, i guess scorpion's only safe option is to spam hellfire, but that gets him nothing, not even chip damage. the most he can hope for is hit AM after the water shield goes away.

btw why does the second hit of mb teleport go through AM? is that a glitch or...?
I dont think its a glitch since it works on Flash MB elbow charge aswell but, other stuff like CW cat dash or DD shoulder charge wont go through so im not sure.

Ben Reed

Marine Biologist
Water Shield on drop (no dash cancel) has vulnerable recovery, but it's not very long. I really don't think Scorpion could whiff punish it unless he was ABSOLUTELY neutral.

If he had to dash up or had even like a jab attack absorbed trying to bait it, I don't think he'd have enough frame advantage to punish the recovery. I dunno how long the Water Shield release recovery is, but it's NOT very long. Maybe a 1 attack FROM NEUTRAL could punish it, but I don't think Scorpion's gonna punish it on a successful absorb.

That's why I think this is a REALLY good technique for Aquaman to use against Scorpion. Big reward for Aquaman on success, and very little risk to him on failure. Plus his vertical jump already screws with a lot of Scorpion's crap anyway. You still gotta read to win, but I think good reads go WAY in Aquaman's favor in this matchup.

Great vid and nice clear voice which is lacking in some of the vids we get. For example sometimes we get someone whos just rambling on or someone who sounds like they have marbels in there mouth. Then i have to rewind the video thinking to myself what the fuck did he say? By the way your Shazam is badass my Bane got destroyed by him the other night. Wonder_Chef helpin the community.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Great vid and nice clear voice which is lacking in some of the vids we get. For example sometimes we get someone whos just rambling on or someone who sounds like they have marbels in there mouth. Then i have to rewind the video thinking to myself what the fuck did he say? By the way your Shazam is badass my Bane got destroyed by him the other night. Wonder_Chef helpin the community.
I think I've played you a couple of times while I was streaming.