What's new

Video/Tutorial Aquaman - Water Shield Punish vs Scorpion MB Teleport and more!

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
This one goes out to Aquaman players who might be having some difficulty dealing with Scorpion's teleport. In case you didn't know, Aquaman's water shield is his greatest defense against Scorpion's teleport to where Aquaman can get a full combo punish no matter if Scorpion uses a MB (meter burn) or regular teleport. In this video, see exactly how easy it is to not only evade this pressure from Scorpion, but also punish with a full combo.

edited by STORMS*

Ben Reed

Marine Biologist
I think this is a really good find, Chef. In many matchups I think Water Shield is more of a fakeout than anything else, but this is some of the best punishment utility I've ever seen out of the move.

If it JUST made him rebound on normal teleport like it was blocked, that would be a cute gimmick, but being able to make the 2nd hit of MB teleport whiff is HUGE. Teleport MB's probably getting nerfed anyway (I don't agree with it, but whatever), but being able to turn one of Scorpion's safest moves (on an otherwise very high-risk character) into a full combo whiff punish is MAJOR. With smart use of this trick, both good and bad Scorpions are really gonna have to be respectful of Aquaman at neutral and give him lots of opportunities to poke, bait, and test the Scorpion player. They're gonna have to take BIG risks to attack Aquaman, and those situations ALWAYS favor Aquaman.

Excellent find. I'm gonna work on this for sure if I ever get a chance to play a good Scorpion offline.

Daniel Aiden

Unknown-Member31
water shield is great and if Scorpion got you and start a combo you can activate trait in the middle of his combo before spear hits you then you can block everything from that point and maybe get some damage if he does something punishable on block .

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
I happen to find this VERY interesting. If I read wake up right a few times in a match GGs. After a while it will keep cowardly scorpions for waking up at all and Ill have a chance to be on the offensive. I aint scurred of flip kick. Good shit EGP Wonder_Chef. Now tell me how to punish killer frost with aquaman.