What's new

Strategy Aquaman Trident Rush (and some other thoughts)

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Haha okay. When you watch the video you will understand what I am saying. The video shows that you can kind of loop meter burn trident rush at least every few blockstrings because of how much meter is built by both regular and meter burn trident rush, and how quickly you can truly defeat your opponent once it gets going. I agree though, meter is usually not an issue, but every bar with aquaman is pretty much free damage with mb rush.
Only thing about this is your opponent can just push block you(which is what almost everyone does). I guess it is a fair trade off considering pushblock takes 1 bar but it all depends on the meter situation, imo

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Only thing about this is your opponent can just push block you(which is what almost everyone does). I guess it is a fair trade off considering pushblock takes 1 bar but it all depends on the meter situation, imo
You bring up a great point. That is why I always say the meter lead is so important with aquaman. If you can keep the meter lead, eventually they will run out of meter before you do, and if you have a bar and they have none, you still can get the job done in a few rotations of rush. Luckily Aquaman gets the meter lead so well with rush and his great footsies. Also ground trident stops characters from building meter with projectiles. This character is messed up haha.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Okay you know what, I am not making a video about this, because I am not happy with my options against Superman. I will say that the normals i use against Flash are b1 (use the pushback as a counterpoke setup) fwd1 and fwd13 (regular stuff) and s3 (the pushback on this is amazing imo, I love it, and I use it to either create a counterpoking setup or to just get some space). Against Superman, I use s.3 a lot, into slow normals. I want him to try to interrupt. Then I can check him with b12 and get a combo. If he ends up blocking, and I have the meter, I do b123watershield burst, and then I can try and catch him again. this is not exactly efficient, so I want to hear what everyone else is doing.

Okay you know what, I am not making a video about this, because I am not happy with my options against Superman. I will say that the normals i use against Flash are b1 (use the pushback as a counterpoke setup) fwd1 and fwd13 (regular stuff) and s3 (the pushback on this is amazing imo, I love it, and I use it to either create a counterpoking setup or to just get some space). Against Superman, I use s.3 a lot, into slow normals. I want him to try to interrupt. Then I can check him with b12 and get a combo. If he ends up blocking, and I have the meter, I do b123watershield burst, and then I can try and catch him again. this is not exactly efficient, so I want to hear what everyone else is doing.
I know the AM forum is on life support lol, but I just wanna say that is some good tech there. Something I find useful though is using trident rush after a blocked b2. It's perfect because the pushback leaves most characters at a disadvantage and he really can't be punished after that. In the corner, after a blocked d12, it can lead into some deadly trap situations especially if you MB and << just before the move so you get some good spacing.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
what is b123 on block? what I use alot on supes is f132 it's +8 on block,if the f13 hits great convert into a combo if blocked push them away with the f132 and at advantage,proberly old news but I haven't been in aqua forums for ages.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
what is b123 on block? what I use alot on supes is f132 it's +8 on block,if the f13 hits great convert into a combo if blocked push them away with the f132 and at advantage,proberly old news but I haven't been in aqua forums for ages.
I think b123 is negative 1 so thats pretty good. Better than being punished. f132 is really really interruptable before the last hit (he can at least just fwd23 out of it, maybe on reaction lol) so that is very risky.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Then I shall gladly assume the role of the proud King of Atlantis in your stead.

ALMIGHTY NEPTUNE! *lifts up trident*
Dude you got this, I didnt even know I was King of Atlantis. I also loled because as you may know, my last name is Stead (anyone can see it through my youtube so whatever). I am still working with Aquaman though, so we can discuss stuff whenever.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Dude you got this, I didnt even know I was King of Atlantis. I also loled because as you may know, my last name is Stead (anyone can see it through my youtube so whatever). I am still working with Aquaman though, so we can discuss stuff whenever.

I call anyone who contributes to the Aquaman forum a King of Atlantis, not the King of Atlantis. One of many in a Council of Kings!

And your last name is Stead?! Talk about coincidental.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Lol. I just decided to ignore it. Well we might as well start some discussion. Are you a fan of trident rush?

I am, in fact. Free chip and safe on block with pushback in almost every match-up? What more can you ask for?

I alternate between cancelling into Trident Rush off of b1 2 or f1 3 or just pausing in my offense and seeing if they will react. Otherwise I go into another blockstring.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I am, in fact. Free chip and safe on block with pushback in almost every match-up? What more can you ask for?

I alternate between cancelling into Trident Rush off of b1 2 or f1 3 or just pausing in my offense and seeing if they will react. Otherwise I go into another blockstring.
Same here. I really do not understand why people dont like the free chip. I think some Aquaman players want to try to set up the 50 50s too much. But with how good aquamans defense is, why bother? One thing that I like to stress is the use of just b1. Because of the pushback, it gives aquaman one of the few working stagger strings in the game, mk9 style, which can catch players off guard and if they choose to just hold down you can just pester them with it.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
I think b123 is negative 1 so thats pretty good. Better than being punished. f132 is really really interruptable before the last hit (he can at least just fwd23 out of it, maybe on reaction lol) so that is very risky.
lol. Ok I did not know that,thanks for the info.guess it shows how long I haven't played aqua for lol.