What's new

[Apr 26, 2013] NorCal Regionals 2013 Apr 26-28 RTE (Sunnyvale, CA)

The_SNKE

BLT | RM
What transpired sir?

P.S Wtf is it raining? :mad:
I'm procrastinating writing my midterm essay...which means I can share the whole story lmao

Haha, I made the mistake of driving my own car there, and it started acting up on the way back. I barely make it back home, and I'm sick as hell at this point (SCR plague). Instead of just parking my car and playing it safe until I could figure out how to get it repaired, I decided to risk it and make a quick run to the nearby CVS to get myself some cold medicine. Car dies at CVS, it's like 12:00 am. I call my insurance, and they tell me we've (my parents and I) have used all of our towing, so I had to pay for a tow truck. My car gets towed 2 miles. $100. My car stays there for a few weeks until I get the time to think about repair. I have to tow it again to my mechanic...another $100, the car repair came out to be almost $300 and that's on top of the $200 or so I spent going to SCR :). Definitely renting a car next time.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Ahhh, yea I'm renting a car to go up for sure. I drive a 96 Civic with 205k on it, no way in hell would I chance the trek in that hoopdie, as reliable as it may be. In regards to SoCal, I guarantee at least 5 heads, said rental shall not have any vacant seats. ;)

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Assuming nothing goes wrong, I should be getting my tax return before NCR. As soon as I get that I'll be 100% confirmed.

Did they always send them out so damn fast?

The_SNKE

BLT | RM
Ahhh, yea I'm renting a car to go up for sure. I drive a 96 Civic with 205k on it, no way in hell would I chance the trek in that hoopdie, as reliable as it may be. In regards to SoCal, I guarantee at least 5 heads, said rental shall not have any vacant seats. ;)
Haha, yeah...I definitely wouldn't risk it. I have an 02 Civic with 125K and I wasn't able to make it. I love my car but I was definitely reckless with that decision.

The_SNKE

BLT | RM
Assuming nothing goes wrong, I should be getting my tax return before NCR. As soon as I get that I'll be 100% confirmed.

Did they always send them out so damn fast?
From my experience they've always been pretty timely. Around April is usually when they send them out.

EGP Wonder_Chef

From my experience they've always been pretty timely. Around April is usually when they send them out.
the website lets you track when they expect to send yours out and it said I should get mine like half way through next month

also markman from madcatz tweeted that he got his like last week lol

The_SNKE

BLT | RM
the website lets you track when they expect to send yours out and it said I should get mine like half way through next month

also markman from madcatz tweeted that he got his like last week lol
Yeah, I think it has to do with your name...I forgot the formula, something to do with your initials? But anyway, hopefully you do get yours then, I wanna see you at NCR! :)

EGP Wonder_Chef

Yeah, I think it has to do with your name...I forgot the formula, something to do with your initials? But anyway, hopefully you do get yours then, I wanna see you at NCR! :)
I want to go too. I've never been on the drive up to Norcal, just flew to San Fran a few times, so it would be a cool experience plus I get to see a part of Norcal I haven't seen before.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
SoCal better come. SCR set me back about $700 (that I didn't have) after all the crap that happened afterward . . . and I regret none of it. No excuses, SoCal.

Yeah I fucking snuck out for 4 days to get to SCR. You fuckers better show or I'll do bad things to you people.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Betterbidding.com has shown that the Domain has accepted Priceline NYOP offers of 50ish. One is risking not landing the Domain, but if you select just Sunnyvale 3 star hotels, there's a high probability you will get Domain.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Anybody have an idea on what day(s) MK is falling on? NCR's website has next to no information on it, bleh.

SoCal lads, who all here is interested in going? Furthermore, who here is interested in driving?

We're going to need 3-4 vehicles to transport everyone who expressed interest at last Redemption. :eek:

EGP Wonder_Chef

If they don't decide to add Injustice, I will run an Injustice side tournament.

IDK where exactly we could do this, like if they have a BYOC section, or if we need to do this in a hotel room, or what, but I'll do it for sure.

Who is in?

Also I'll bring my streaming equipment so we can stream or at the very least record it.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Anybody have an idea on what day(s) MK is falling on? NCR's website has next to no information on it, bleh.

SoCal lads, who all here is interested in going? Furthermore, who here is interested in driving?

We're going to need 3-4 vehicles to transport everyone who expressed interest at last Redemption. :eek:
well you know I'm going

Myself and Pboard are 100% confirmed. However, our car is full since we will be bringing MFSlayer, WestCoastJeff and Tyrant along with us.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
I need to talk to Nubcakes again to assess his interest. As of last chat he seem enthused, just as long as he's free that weekend, and his convoy chips in for fuel.

I'll be renting a car either way.

Chef, keep leveling up Shang.

EGP Wonder_Chef

wtf it's already late registration and the price went up to 45$ venue?

It's a month until the tournament!

I'm worried about this tournament honestly, kineda isn't replying to any of the questions in the SRK thread at all and it just feels like there's a general lack of communication...

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
wtf it's already late registration and the price went up to 45$ venue?

It's a month until the tournament!

I'm worried about this tournament honestly, kineda isn't replying to any of the questions in the SRK thread at all and it just feels like there's a general lack of communication...
Nil information in regards to schedule, is John Nelson running this? :rolleyes: