What's new

[Apr 13, 2012] PowerUp 2012 - EVO 2012 Tournament Season (Cincinnati, Ohio)

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
God, and Flawless Victory has 75+

-_-
Yeah. That's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. But no hard feelings toward FV. Both events will be excellent.

Also,

Pre-Registration has closed, but you can still utilize Emergency Registration in-person from 9am, Friday, April 13th until 9:30am, Saturday, April 14th.

Safe travels to all, and see you at the event!

Flawless Victory spoiled everyone lol but that's only first place prize at that event I believe. Big risk going out there just to win to be flown to EVO for free and paid to be in as well. Good luck to everyone at that event becuz I can't afford to fly there at this time lol.

KIDD

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler

Bah, totally want to go to this but I am going to have to settle for Season's Beatings in May...

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Pool A(10 am)
BEENEEWEENEES
GGA MOE30W
GGA Soonk
Goldfish Keeper
Hurricane
Jody Tha Great
MK_Legend

Pool B(10 am)
ATL Batman
GGA Dizzy
IKizzle
PsychoJoseph
Skeeter
Twintail Fox
Xiang

Pool C(1 pm)
Coco i208khonsu
GGA Jeremiah
GGA Wafflez
Osu 16 Bit
Semi Evil Ryu
StillSmokedOut
TFA RZR Hornett

Pool D(1 pm)
AU_IM_Digimon
Derrick Legend
GGA Han
Glass Sword
STB Charlie Murphy
The Maktastik
TheRedCyclone

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Fuck, out of all the players I did not want to fight, Dizzy was my number 1.

I guess I'm going 0-2. -_-

I did not want to play Kizzle, or 16bit. Oh well. At least both aren't in my pool. Methinks I will not be Sheeva against 16bit. And then if I get through that mess Wafflez will tear me down :(

Fuck, out of all the players I did not want to fight, Dizzy was my number 1.

I guess I'm going 0-2. -_-
Well the good news is that pools are so small, that Dizzy could beat you and after a couple of wins you would still make top 8 right? Since there are 4 pools, top 8 the next day should be the winner of winners for each pool and then the winner of losers right?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Well the good news is that pools are so small, that Dizzy could beat you and after a couple of wins you would still make top 8 right? Since there are 4 pools, top 8 the next day should be the winner of winners for each pool and then the winner of losers right?
yeah. the overall winner of the pool and the winner of the losers bracket from each pool will be top 8.

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
Nice to see some activity in here and you guys dissecting the pools, but allow me to clarify how the Pool Qualification System will work:

MK9 has 4 pools scheduled. Top 4 in Winners and Top 4 in Losers for each pool will advance to a 32-Man Semifinals Bracket to be played immediately after all 4 pools have completed. From that Semifinals Bracket, Top 4 in Winners and Top 4 in Losers will advance to Top 8 for Sunday Finals. Top 16 finishers will receive Road to EVO 2012 points.

As a visual aid, here is what the Pools will look like:

64-Man Pool with Top 8 highlighted/numbered

And here's what the Semifinals Bracket will look like:

32-Man Semifinals Bracket with Pool Qualifiers, Top 8, and EVO Seeds highlighted/numbered

Hope that answers any lingering questions. For more details about the Pool Qualification System, see the OP.

Nice to see some activity in here and you guys dissecting the pools, but allow me to clarify how the Pool Qualification System will work:

MK9 has 4 pools scheduled. Top 4 in Winners and Top 4 in Losers for each pool will advance to a 32-Man Semifinals Bracket to be played immediately after all 4 pools have completed. From that Semifinals Bracket, Top 4 in Winners and Top 4 in Losers will advance to Top 8 for Sunday Finals. Top 16 finishers will receive Road to EVO 2012 points.

As a visual aid, here is what the Pools will look like:

64-Man Pool with Top 8 highlighted/numbered

And here's what the Semifinals Bracket will look like:

32-Man Semifinals Bracket with Pool Qualifiers, Top 8, and EVO Seeds highlighted/numbered

Hope that answers any lingering questions. For more details about the Pool Qualification System, see the OP.
Very interesting. Thank you for clarifying.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
There's not even 32 registered, so how's that going to work?

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
Well, if we don't get at least 32, then Semi-Finals will just have some byes. Because in the Top 8 slots on the Pool Bracket, a Bye would technically advance to Semi-Finals XD