What's new

Tech Applying "New Anti-Wake Up Tech"

Hey, everyone.

So, in case you haven't heard about the "anti-wake up tech" that seems to be a topic now, familiarize yourself:

http://testyourmight.com/threads/new-groundbreaking-tech-for-the-injustice-metagame-by-doubleperfect.33164/page-2#post-891140
Here's a video by Aris:

Alright, now people can argue that this isn't a true option select, but Bane appears to get some distance off of this.

By using Fist Slam (Forward+2, Down) after Bane's sweep (Down+3) and inputting Double Punch (Back-Forward+2), you essentially cover a vast majority of wake-up options in the game and you're safe on block. Since Double Punch is armored with Venom active, you'll blow through a lot of 1-hit wake-ups in the game.

Fist Slam also catches any jump attempts.

Interestingly enough, it appears that an actual option select does occur on the event of a backdash. Since Double Punch cannot come out if Fist Slam truly whiffs, the string "Veritas Liberat" occurs. Instead of Double Punch, a medium kick comes out that is -2 on block. This kick does catch Superman's backdash (He blocks), but not Bane's. I haven't messed around much with anyone else's backdash.

Anyways, go ahead and mess around with this. Though possibly not a "true option select", this tech appears to be a viable option for Bane to shut down a variety of wake-up attacks and options.

Reactions: RYX
I dont see the point of doing fist slam.
You didn't read the article I linked or watch the video, did you?

Can't you do the same with b.1?
Looks like you can, so you can go high/low and keep it safe with Double Punch. I don't know what else the b.1 potentially alters, though. I just now started digging into this.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
B+1 > venom upper or double punch or aa grab.

Now let's figure out how to option select all of them in one. Just like the Abel option selects against Shotos.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
No i read it and watched aris vid. Doing the fist slam serves no purpose.
The fist slam is a fantastic tool. It has a stupid input but ALL his specials chain into it. I have a bitch of a time doing them with out the F2D2 string coming out but it's entirely possible. When at lvl 3 venom it also recieves all venom atributes. It's basically one of our best tools for opponents that like to duck block constantly and is great for mix up on wake up. You would be foolish to dismiss this move.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
I'll test this out later today in some offline matches. Looks legit so far.

Hiryu02

Noob
I think Fist Slam covers more options than B1 in this scenario. Catches jumps and OS's into the 2 finisher in the event of a backdash.

I think conditioning and reading the opponent will dictate which option to use. If they don't hit buttons on wakeup, then you have the standard low/over/head/command grab mixup. If you see them doing normals on wakeup, it's time for venomed specials. And if they start backdashing out of pressure, then the Fist Slam OS becomes relevant.

Also, a few lvl3 venom Fist Slams canceled into Double Punch gives you an armored double overhead, which in turn tells your opponent to stand on wakeup, then you hit them with B1 or Cmd grab.

Also, don't forget the utility of using MB B3 from Fist Slam. If you have Venom up, the B3 will also armor through and give you a nice, painful combo.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I think Fist Slam covers more options than B1 in this scenario. Catches jumps and OS's into the 2 finisher in the event of a backdash.

I think conditioning and reading the opponent will dictate which option to use. If they don't hit buttons on wakeup, then you have the standard low/over/head/command grab mixup. If you see them doing normals on wakeup, it's time for venomed specials. And if they start backdashing out of pressure, then the Fist Slam OS becomes relevant.

Also, a few lvl3 venom Fist Slams canceled into Double Punch gives you an armored double overhead, which in turn tells your opponent to stand on wakeup, then you hit them with B1 or Cmd grab.

Also, don't forget the utility of using MB B3 from Fist Slam. If you have Venom up, the B3 will also armor through and give you a nice, painful combo.
Not at all. b.1 is +12 on block meaning if they do decide to block instead of waking up, we have options. Trying to fit a f.2.d - 2 to fight a backdash is basically asking to get blocked and stuffed since its pretty shabby. You can just get flat supered out of it. I use overhead in my b.23 resets, but on wake-up where they have more options its really hard to time your punch to hit them.

If they try to jump to get away from b.1, they'll find it not so easy to do with its surprisingly high hitting hitbox. Whats more is the animation ends so quickly you can follow it up with standing 2 into anything and get a full combo punish off of it.

Level 3 venom fist slams into double punch are handy but a waste of venom time imo.

MB B.3 is a waste of meter. If it was going to hit, you might as well just super them for 54%

Hiryu02

Noob
Doombawkz
I think MB B3 has uses, especially if you can hitconfirm it. One killshot of mine is to combo into MB B3 into combo, pumping venom to level 3 as soon as the hitconfim connected. I get between 51-64% with this, depending if I landed a jumpin or whether I started with a grounded string. Also, it's not like Bane is hard up for meter in general, considering he has venom.

I am curious though, you are talking about linking stand 2 from b1? Or are you talking about setting a frametrap with the +12 from b2 into an inescapable stand 2?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I am curious though, you are talking about linking stand 2 from b1? Or are you talking about setting a frametrap with the +12 from b2 into an inescapable stand 2?
I'm saying if they jump the b.1, the animation ends fast enough to almost immediately hit a standing 2 which should catch anyone in the air. From there you can link into any other combo.