What's new

Tech Apply B[2] dash cancel

Parnak

Fight me as you will yet you can never hope to win
If you feel like your opponents have become overly used to typical BnB after freeze, that being Jip, B1 2 1, you could apply a B[2] dash cancel to your game by using B1 2 great frame adv. on hit. One can leave out the last :fp part of the string and start charging up B2 instead. As soon as Sub enters the stance, input :r:rwhile still holding down :bp. If done correctly, you 'll be on your opponent's face to go for 2 1 pressure games before your opponent can recover from B1 2 hitstun (a stalactite plunged to the chest lol) to duck, jump etc.

But why do that, when the complete string also offers the same opportunity? (albeit on B1 2 1 you have to delay a bit after the dash in or 2 will whiff as we know) Well, it's a safe mindgame of course, you drop that swirling stomach blow damage in hopes of your opponent reacting to your charge stance out of fear for the unblockable, thus reseting them with a 2 1 2~freeze combo. (Possibly getting them even closer to the CORNER?!)

As for applying B[2] in your spacing game, keep in mind that B[2]'s :l input buffers for a short time, so if you want to cancel the charge stance asap with a back dash, it only takes one :l input.! In that sense, you can blend some commands here, doing two cancels in succession; After the B[2], you can only just input clone, if you do it quickly, clone's :l input ties with B[2] :l input and so, you enter the charge stance, you cancel it immediately with a back dash AND you cancel the back dash to a clone, all that by just pressing B[2], DB1 (you need to keep holding :bp until clone registers of course, but it ain't hard at all).

Of course, this can be risky because you can't block immediately after canceling a charge stance like you do with regular dashes, but it could bait out your opponent or at least change their patterns as they see you entering the stance. If they go aggressive at once, you can bait that and cancel charge with an armored slide in the same way as mentioned above. And since they most likely drop guard upon seeing Sub charge, an ice blast or an AA might work for you if they approach in conventional ways. (jump, dash in)

When it comes to the typical refreeze setup that a fully charged B[2] is used for against already frozen enemies, I personally dash in twice even if I'm already next to them, then press :d and at once start charging as a way to measure the desired delay for the reset to be most likely to hit. But I guess, everybody has their own methods for getting that delay.

Fun fact;
By getting the hang of backdash canceling B[2] in practise mode, you can do as many of them as you like in quick succession (by B[2], B, B[2], B, B[2], B.ing all day) you can have fun with Subby "singing" his cool robotic mandra that he shoutouts when starting this move.!

Guys, I hope you like this, it may not be a breakthrough by any means, but still, it might just be a funny troll move at finish him/her times!

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I have been using these b2 - dash cancel mix-ups with my Sub-Zero for months now. It pleases me to see how well this thread highlights the benefits of this move.

Very well-written.

Parnak

Fight me as you will yet you can never hope to win
I have been using these b2 - dash cancel mix-ups with my Sub-Zero for months now. It pleases me to see how well this thread highlights the benefits of this move.

Very well-written.
Gratitude for the kind words. I'm glad you liked this, even more so when approve comes from one that actually uses b2 cancel in his game.