What's new

Apologies to FilipinoMan

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I think we all knew this thread was coming -- but it's probably deserved. FilipinoMan was blown up, and popped off on after Goomba placed at KiT. It was said that there was no question who the Wonder Woman of America was, before FilipinoMan even had a chance to appear at anything other than WNF.

However :)

At SCR, after the dust settled, FilipinoMan made it farther in the the bracket (he reached Losers' Semis of his pool) and then cleaned house in the WW mirror with a decisive 5-2 victory.

So if there was such thing as a Wonder Woman belt (or, Tiara) FilipinoMan should be holding it right now, and everyone else should probably have to hold that. He is the princess of Themyscira and the leader of the Amazons until someone unseats him.

Congrats to FilipinoMan for backing up his talk at SCR :16Bit

Last edited:

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I knew from the moment FilipinoMan threw out the challenge that he would be the victor. Of course that is slight bias on my end, but I did feel he would take it. :)

Good job Anton!

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Going into SCR I thought I was gonna do terrible, because I've been playing nothing but Wonder Woman for months to get Anton ready for the mirror and to help him learn the game.

There was no way he wasn't going to be ready for this, and I wanted to play Goomba after in the mirror but I decided not to. I'm not kidding when I say my counter pick to WoWo players is probably the mirror now :D

BlastX21

Noob
Good job to him, but the idea that a mirror match and one tournament's pool results carry any weight in determining a better player is...questionable. I look forward to seeing them at future tournaments. Then we can make a more informed decision.

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
Hasn't this community worn out the "hold that" phase enough
Its a old phrase from the capcom community that's been adopted my the nrs guys, amungst many other stolen/adopted phrases. It wont die out any time soon, like a kid with a new toy :)

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Good job man. I don't know how you guys tolerate mirror matches. They are by far the most frustrating shit for me no matter who I play.

Good shit to bith though. I can see filipinoman making top 8 eventually.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
you dont have to apologize, we just all gotta hold that. i would have lost a lot of money if i went to scr. good shit dude

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Its a old phrase from the capcom community that's been adopted my the nrs guys, amungst many other stolen/adopted phrases. It wont die out any time soon, like a kid with a new toy :)
It's not even just a "Capcom" phrase. It's a phrase used outside of the fighting game kommunity all the time...

coolwhip

Noob
Props to Filipinoman, but this only shows how evenly matched players are. Goomba has made top 8 at a major with her, FM, hasn't, which is not to say that he's worse or better, it just shows the high level of competition.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
I think we all knew this thread was coming -- but it's probably deserved. FilipinoMan was blown up, and popped off on after Goomba placed at KiT. It was said that there was no question who the Wonder Woman of America was, before FilipinoMan even had a chance to appear at anything other than WNF.

However :)

At SCR, after the dust settled, FilipinoMan made it farther in the the bracket (he reached Losers' Semis of his pool) and then cleaned house in the WW mirror with a decisive 5-2 victory.

So if there was such thing as a Wonder Woman belt (or, Tiara) FilipinoMan should be holding it right now, and everyone else should probably have to hold that. He is the princess of Themyscira and the leader of the Amazons until someone unseats him.

Congrats to FilipinoMan for backing up his talk at SCR :16Bit
I don't get it. At scr he wasn't even a top 8 contender?