What's new

APEX HQ (Mass Effect: Andromeda Multiplayer Discussion)

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
In ME3 the Avenger, Predator, Shuriken, Mantis and Katana (the weapons that have a common rarity) were the worst weapons in the game. Is that still the case in Andromeda or is it viable to use common-rarity weapons?

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
In ME3 the Avenger, Predator, Shuriken, Mantis and Katana (the weapons that have a common rarity) were the worst weapons in the game. Is that still the case in Andromeda or is it viable to use common-rarity weapons?
Common guns are fine at lower difficulties but underperform when compared to the more specialized rarity Same as in ME3. There's more variety in weapon types though thanks to the new aliens and theres going to be tiers of min/maxing weapon dps just like in ME3.

Last edited:

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Ive been playing on Bronze lately just to get back into it and to not go into Gold with low level kits/weapons. But this game's Bronze feels harder than ME3's. Anyone else notice the game feels harder?

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Ive been playing on Bronze lately just to get back into it and to not go into Gold with low level kits/weapons. But this game's Bronze feels harder than ME3's. Anyone else notice the game feels harder?
Yup. Bronze is noticeably harder and combat in general is much faster paced with the added element of verticality. Thankfully, that means kiting around for a safe extraction is much easier (if you're team is smart enough to do this). In fact that's probably one of my top 3 tips to give anyone new to the MP: When it's time to extract, don't rush to extraction and try to hold it, move around the map so the enemies will spread out and leave the LZ uncontested.

CrazyFingers

Yup. Bronze is noticeably harder and combat in general is much faster paced with the added element of verticality. Thankfully, that means kiting around for a safe extraction is much easier (if you're team is smart enough to do this). In fact that's probably one of my top 3 tips to give anyone new to the MP: When it's time to extract, don't rush to extraction and try to hold it, move around the map so the enemies will spread out and leave the LZ uncontested.
Fun fact. Infiltration jet dashes actually put you in an invisible state for a moment, making them kiting gods because you're constantly aggroing and losing aggro. Quite effective.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Hey all, I think bronze is way harder than last time around. A friend and I couldn't get to wave ten, but no one ever joined us. After three !months of overwatch the aiming, sensitivity, and cover mechanics are taking longer to get used to again than anticipated.

Only got to play about two hours of MP so far but I love it. Singularity looks LIT in this game. Feel free to add me (Dr_Morganstien) gonna hit mp mode hard tonight.

CrazyFingers

Hey all, I think bronze is way harder than last time around. A friend and I couldn't get to wave ten, but no one ever joined us. After three !months of overwatch the aiming, sensitivity, and cover mechanics are taking longer to get used to again than anticipated.

Only got to play about two hours of MP so far but I love it. Singularity looks LIT in this game. Feel free to add me (Dr_Morganstien) gonna hit mp mode hard tonight.
Yea Bronze was a huge pushover like, 100% easily soloable by anyone somewhat decent now it's actually fighting back which feels weird.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Because I have exams next week I'm forcing myself to hold off on Andromeda until next Wednesday. In the meantime I'm gonna play ME3 multiplayer religiously to prepare for Andromeda and leave ME3 multiplayer with a bang. Couple of questions that I have about Andromeda multiplayer though:

- Can human characters be customized with helmets?
- Are common weapons good at level X (because they weren't in ME3)?
- How much fun is it compared to ME3?
- How does melee work in Andromeda?
1. I don't think so. Only thing i've been able to customize is the color scheme.
2. Yes, but they still aren't as good as some of the better guns in the game.
3. Its probably more fun just due to the fluidity of the new movement. There are a lot of bugs though and p2p can cause a lot of rubberbanding and stuff like that.
4. Only thing unique is that you can melee while in the air to do a sort of ground pound. Otherwise its a standard melee attack.

Zoidberg747

There's only 7 waves, not ten.

DDutchguy

So far this multiplayer has...not been that fun for me.

- The extra movement options with the jetpack are nice, but I feel like it doesn't really work with how small the maps are.

- Characters needing to be unlocked 10 times for them to gain the maximum amount of skill points is the most head-scratching decision I've seen in a while. This doesn't really benefit the player in any sort of way. I can see howthe devs might have thought that unlocking dupe characters is now worth more, all I see is that I'm playing sub-optimally if my character is not at level 10.

- Maps look a lot more detailed than in Mass Effect 3, which sounds good on paper, but in practice it can look like a massive clusterfuck if there are, say, a lot of Remnant on the map too. There is way too much visual noise.

- Weapon balancing seems to be all over the place from what I've heard. Although I can't confirm this from my own experience, it seems that once you have the Vanquisher you may as well always use that. Even on bronze enemies feel a bit sponge-y to me without much satisfying visual feedback when you're shooting dudes.

I dunno man, I may return to ME3 multiplayer if this keeps up. I'm gonna try to level up my characters enough to tackle silver and try a couple matches of that. If it doesn't become much more fun, I doubt I'll be playing Andromeda multiplayer for much longer.

Zoidberg747

The weapon balancing is atrocious. There are maybe 3 weapons that are actually viable for gold, and the Vanquisher outclasses all of them.

The combo damage also makes more than half the classes useless.

The most fun I have is going full melee vanguard build. You can get it to where every melee replenishes the barrier and basically zoom across the map wrecking things. Takes a while to get it to where it is viable though.

The Andromeda MP is like the SP, fun but littered with bugs and poor design decisions.

Skedar70

Noob
I have no problem with the mass effect Andromeda animations. What is really killing the game for me is the fact that you can't control your squad mates power. It makes them completely irrelevant to combat aside from cannon fodder. I can't believe they took something like that away.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I have no problem with the mass effect Andromeda animations. What is really killing the game for me is the fact that you can't control your squad mates power. It makes them completely irrelevant to combat aside from cannon fodder. I can't believe they took something like that away.
Dude that isn't true, squad mates are pretty good with detonations and stuff.

DDutchguy

I was actually quite surprised with the squadmates. Even if I can't give them direct orders, they use their powers often and have sometimes impressed me with their ability to not die.