What's new

APEX HQ (Mass Effect: Andromeda Multiplayer Discussion)

Skedar70

Noob
I was actually quite surprised with the squadmates. Even if I can't give them direct orders, they use their powers often and have sometimes impressed me with their ability to not die.
I don't find the UI using the powers properly. When I need Vetra to use the concussive shot its on cooldown, when I need Liam to user overload he already used it in an unshielded enemy, Cora will charge in the middle of a bunch of enemy's and then she is surrounded and dies. The best use I have for squadmates is to use drack and vetra with full shields and armor as cannon fodder while I kill the enemies. In the previous games this was a critical part of strategic combat. I hate the change.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I took a break when I realized how much more grinding in mp was needed to get any good gear, and that the prestige stuff seems like a complete waste. I tried singe player and the game kept crashing. I'll go back to it once I slow down with inj2 in a couple months. Hopefully there's some more patching and just changes to the mp.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I was actually quite surprised with the squadmates. Even if I can't give them direct orders, they use their powers often and have sometimes impressed me with their ability to not die.
@Skedar70 See? Listen to DDutchy, he isn't stupid.

...well, most of the times at least

...ok, rarely

...maybe just this once

...thinking about it, it was probably his brother or something that wrote it down, regardless I agree

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
I took a break when I realized how much more grinding in mp was needed to get any good gear, and that the prestige stuff seems like a complete waste. I tried singe player and the game kept crashing. I'll go back to it once I slow down with inj2 in a couple months. Hopefully there's some more patching and just changes to the mp.
There was a patch yesterday with a lot of balance changes. People on reddit seem to be VERY happy with the changes.

Patch notes: http://blog.bioware.com/2017/05/09/patch-1-06-combat-balance-updates/

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I highly recommend that you give the multiplayer another chance, these patch notes were LIT. Play a couple matches and see if you still feel the same way.
Yea, I'm gonna play some tonight. It really looks like they addressed most of my multiplayer concerns. Inj2 will pull me back out of it again, but it will be nice to have a distraction and something to look forward to once I don't want to lab all day. Thanks again!