What's new

Anyone who has Sub-Zero's maskless head gear (Vrbada's Vapors)?

Can you please tell us where you got it?
So far it's been confirmed to not be in either his ToT Character Tower OR the Gauntlet. I also haven't heard or seen that it's in any of the timed ToT's we've gotten so far. The gear page says it's in ToT, not the Krypt, but who knows with how inconsistent the documentation for this game is. I know some people have it, though, and it's easily my most-wanted gear piece in the game. Please help us out!

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
So far it's been confirmed to not be in either his ToT Character Tower OR the Gauntlet. I also haven't heard or seen that it's in any of the timed ToT's we've gotten so far. The gear page says it's in ToT, not the Krypt, but who knows with how inconsistent the documentation for this game is. I know some people have it, though, and it's easily my most-wanted gear piece in the game. Please help us out!
Somebody in this thread said he got it from the shrine:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/bj4hqu

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
I have it, I know it dropped in a tower for me. I was certain it was the on a stage of his character tower just like Jade and Scorpion's were. However several other users told me they did his towers and did not get it. So either the tower loot is random (except for the final completion rewards) or I got it in one of the timed towers. All I can say for certain is it was a tower for sure.
Maybe it was his brutal tower?

Afumba

Noob
I have it, I know it dropped in a tower for me. I was certain it was the on a stage of his character tower just like Jade and Scorpion's were. However several other users told me they did his towers and did not get it. So either the tower loot is random (except for the final completion rewards) or I got it in one of the timed towers. All I can say for certain is it was a tower for sure.
It might be a brutal tower thing... some towers have gear rewards associated with brutal difficulty (not sure if these are unique to brutal though) and if you let the AI do the towers you might miss it. Its also not just the boss fight brutal tower, i had it in 3-4 fight towers as well.

Hello, everyone! I join this thread with the same question: are there any news about Vrbada's Vapors gear for Kuai? Any certain info in which tower it was found? The same as for the author of this topic, for me this gear is the most wanted thing in the whole game, so, just up this thread and hope that any new info appears here!

Today I beat one ToT tied to Sub-Zero. Of course, in base version there was no maskless-mask reward. On Brutal difficulty, each tower gave me just some random augments. Are you sure guys that Brutal difficulty can really give us a mask?

Sorry, but I don't clearly understand what do you mean under "his brutal tower"? Do you mean any of his timed towers on "brutal" difficulty, or any special tower?

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
Hello, everyone! I join this thread with the same question: are there any news about Vrbada's Vapors gear for Kuai? Any certain info in which tower it was found? The same as for the author of this topic, for me this gear is the most wanted thing in the whole game, so, just up this thread and hope that any new info appears here!

Today I beat one ToT tied to Sub-Zero. Of course, in base version there was no maskless-mask reward. On Brutal difficulty, each tower gave me just some random augments. Are you sure guys that Brutal difficulty can really give us a mask?
I honestly can't remember where I got mine.
I do know some gear is locked behind Brutal.
I know gear is in some as I got a Cetrion Headpiece and Jax Arms from Brutals.
Every time you beat a brutal the rewards change. I usually beat the brutals 4 to 6 times before going to a new tower.

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
Sorry, but I don't clearly understand what do you mean under "his brutal tower"? Do you mean any of his timed towers on "brutal" difficulty, or any special tower?
Timed.
Character Towers don't have Brutal.

Sub Zero was the final boss on a Tower 5 or 6 days ago and when you beat him it gave you the Brutal option.

Timed.
Character Towers don't have Brutal.
Sub Zero was the final boss on a Tower 5 or 6 days ago and when you beat him it gave you the Brutal option.
Oh!)) A stupid me. I remember that tower, I beat him on Brutal just once. I didn't know that several tries will give different rewards. Thank you very much for this info! Now what only left for me is just to wait his towers appear again;)

I just want to share with you my today's experience, trying to get this gear. There was a bunch of towers for Sub-Zero called "ice grave" or something like that. These lived for 3 hours. I passed every tower on normal, then - about 2 times on Brutal. After that, I defeated the boss Sub-Zero about 50 times on Brutal. Collected all of his heads for the Shrine and kontinued beating him. Actually all the time these towers lived I was fighting the boss again and again on Brutal. But among the rewards, there was NO ONE about gears. Tons of hearts, souls, lots of augments, but not a single gear thing. AFTER THAT, once these towers crushed, a new one was Kotal Kahn single boss tower. Just to check what happens, I defeated him about 4 times on Brutal, and the same result: only augments, materials and hearts/souls I rewarded. So, how come?:) It looks like not every tower on "Brutal" contains gear, even the boss ones... OR probably I'm doing something wrong? Any rules kinda "you must not use any helping materials", or "blocking will get you nowhere", or "perfection is the key"? Any ideas? What do you think, guys?:) By the way, I keep waiting/lookng for a small gear thing which will let me start seeing my eternal love's face in every fight:)

Last edited:

serron

Noob
Lmao, so the only two people (one this thread, one in yt as far as I know) who've gotten it don't even remember where they got it from. Holy shit lmao this has to be a joke.

Lmao, so the only two people (one this thread, one in yt as far as I know) who've gotten it don't even remember where they got it from. Holy shit lmao this has to be a joke.
By that yt person, you mean that video where a guy plays purple Skarlet against bright blue young maskless Sub? This one?
Forget. Look attentively, Sub is p2, without style name/user name. Obviously it's a CPU he met in some tower, he doesn't have the gear.

One more ToT platform I beat today on "Brutal". Defeated Sub-Zero boss about 10 times and got nothing about his gear. Not sure how this tower is called in English, but something like "Fists of Absolute Zero". So.
  • "Fists of Absolute Zero" towers on Brutal. No gear for Sub-Zero, konfirmed.
  • "Ice Grave" or "Ice Tomb" (not sure about the exact name) towers on Brutal. No gear for Sub-Zero, konfirmed.

AND! By the way, researching one more tower platform. Here is one active right now which is a TAG-TEAM about "wedding" of Johnny and Sonya. Just opened the Brutal dificulty aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand: in two towers there are gears for both Sonya and Johnny!

So, looks like here it is, guys. Do you remember, there was the same kind of platform called "Disparate Disciplines" where you played as Scorpion and Sub-Zero as a tag team? It was the second tag platform since the game launched. I'm afraid, we missed Vrbada's Vapors gear right there:)

Last edited:

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
By that yt person, you mean that video where a guy plays purple Skarlet against bright blue young maskless Sub? This one?
Forget. Look attentively, Sub is p2, without style name/user name. Obviously it's a CPU he met in some tower, he doesn't have the gear.
He looks so stupid without his mask. I can't believe there's so many people dying for this gear.

By the way. The ToT "Binding Elements " gives the "Sub-Zero reborn" mask, though in description it's said that this mask is found in the Krypt. What? A Krypt mask is found in ToT? May this mean that the mask that should be got in ToT is actually in the Krypt?

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
Brutal difficulty does not give gear or skins! All you will get is augments

Just pointing that out so you guys don´t waste time grinding that difficulty for nothing :)