What's new

Anyone still play on Mame?

I just started using Kaillera about 3 weeks ago. Having alot of fun messing around in that program playing some umk. I know most of you have moved on to xbla but, if anyone ever gets bored and wants to give some advice let me know =D Btw those umk vids are crazy O_O!!!

well all peoples here play more xbla than mame xD... im playing mame actually, but there is not a good server for venezuelan peoples =( hope someday someone made a good mame´s server:(

Yeah I noticed there isn't to many people hosting or joining umk games =/ I'm usually playing the same 3 ppl haha.

i play umk3 on mame still because i dont feel like getting an xbox 360 right now ,there is still alot of pple who play mame, just make your own game and wait like ten minutes and someone will come eventually

I'll keep an eye out for you guys ;D I need some tips I'm as bad as an armless Sheeva. What sort of controller do you guys use for mame?

dreemernj

Ambassador
Keyboard all the way. If you can get used to it, it allows you more control than any other type of controller.

dreemernj

Ambassador
Deviant said:
I've been using this http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/p990.htm for a couple weeks now. Not sure if this is as good as a ps2 controller or not. I might buy an adapter and try a ps2 controller out soon.
I have one like that as well. I think it's a damn fine controller.

And there are definately ways that the keyboard seems cheap. You can buffer better with the keyboard than with any other controller. It's part of why I love it :) And I do hope to have a couple of keyboard PSX controllers eventually. I figure if macros might be acceptable at Evo, keyboard controllers should be A-OK at tournies!

dreemernj

Ambassador
abc ur dead0 said:
Do they allow Keyboards at tournies?
I've never heard of the issue being raised really. We were planning on allowing for umk3 at NEC so long as nobody protested but I don't know if it ended up getting used in actual tourny play.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I used the keyboard in most of my matches but it was very difficult being hooked up to the iPac. I would have performed better on the PSX pad.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
There's a handful of guys who only have access to Kaillera. I would love to buy them all Xbox's UMK3 and subscriptions but I can't yet! :p