What's new

Question Anyone plan on repping Catwoman at EVO?

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Didn't see a lot of Catwoman hype at CEO (unless it was in Pools) so I'm curious if anyone from the Catwoman community plans on making the trip out for EVO.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Krayzie

.....All I know
Wow man....no love for Selina? Her character sub-forum was one of the best on the site I thought (indicative of talented/active players).

I know 16-Bit sorta kinda plays her I guess but let's be honest, any matchup that Catowman might have advantage on, Killer Frost has the advantage x 1000.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Wow man....no love for Selina? Her character sub-forum was one of the best on the site I thought (indicative of talented/active players).

I know 16-Bit sorta kinda plays her I guess but let's be honest, any matchup that Catowman might have advantage on, Killer Frost has the advantage x 1000.
It is.

But most Catwoman players just are not going to EVO(I have no money, Under_The_Mayo is in Mexico) or play other characters that suit their strengths better(@GGA 16 bit with KF and RunwayMafia with Hawkgirl).

Jrayzie is just the only one I know going though, i'm sure there will be others there. Maybe runway will use her too, idk.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
It is.

But most Catwoman players just are not going to EVO(I have no money, Under_The_Mayo is in Mexico) or play other characters that suit their strengths better(@GGA 16 bit with KF and RunwayMafia with Hawkgirl).

Jrayzie is just the only one I know going though, i'm sure there will be others there. Maybe runway will use her too, idk.
Yeah I'll def. use her if I run into any bad MU's for HawkGirl.

RunwayMafia

Well here is my strategy. Hawk anf Frost are my two killers...but I've trained my Selina from day 1, so she is up to par with other two. If I sense or know my opponent doesnt know Catwoman at all, i'll bring her out.

The bracket looks manageable. Unless you are being randomed out I'll say you have a good shot at it. Anyone knows what morty plays?
I think I saw him use nightwing in one of the streams I watched... Not too sure though as I only know the people I met at NEC

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
So how did Selina fare? I didn't get to see a lot of the live stream of Pools and top 32.
Didn't see Krayzie but I did see RunwayMafia and his Hawk Girl.

Seems like Catwoman does indeed get no love. Maybe I should drop her for Wonder Woman?

RunwayMafia

So how did Selina fare? I didn't get to see a lot of the live stream of Pools and top 32.
Didn't see Krayzie but I did see RunwayMafia and his Hawk Girl.

Seems like Catwoman does indeed get no love. Maybe I should drop her for Wonder Woman?
No. Do not drop Selina for Diana. She is HELLA solid and there were actually quite a few of catwoman players at EVO, they just weren't any good compared to Krayzie. During pools, everywhere I looked there were catwoman's and ravens....so people def. repped her. I busted her out against Pig Of The Hut in my winner's finals and almost beat his Sinestro...but I was so nervous I kept dropping her combos.

Stick with Catwoman...a lot of players are realizing that she is a killer that requires patience.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I wish I would have. This is like the 3rd tournament in a row where I wish I had just used my favorite character, Selina, rather than go with Killer Frost. I'll let others show why KF is so good. At VXG I'll rep Catwoman.

webreg

Noob
I wish I would have. This is like the 3rd tournament in a row where I wish I had just used my favorite character, Selina, rather than go with Killer Frost. I'll let others show why KF is so good. At VXG I'll rep Catwoman.
Good news. Now, if you could make sure your matches somehow end up on a stream then we would all be very grateful. Good CW players are a rare sight indeed.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Good news. Now, if you could make sure your matches somehow end up on a stream then we would all be very grateful. Good CW players are a rare sight indeed.
Didn't Krayzie get eliminated off-stream to a Doomsday? I swear on stream it's like the same 4-5 characters and it really sucks man. Lack of character diversity will kill hype more than f23.

Also GGA 16 Bit, glad to hear you want to go with Catwoman and hopefully that translates to better tournament results for you.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder

That's what I did from the start. I honestly don't know why you are using a character you don't even like.

Catwoman does fairly well against Black Adam anyway.

Didn't Krayzie get eliminated off-stream to a Doomsday? I swear on stream it's like the same 4-5 characters and it really sucks man. Lack of character diversity will kill hype more than f23.

Also GGA 16 Bit, glad to hear you want to go with Catwoman and hopefully that translates to better tournament results for you.

I honestly don't know why I didn't receive any stream time. I played Alex Valle, NorCal Joe and Morty Sienfeld in my pool.

After pool play, I lost to a Doomsday player. I honestly did not even think twice about that match-up and it cost me. I learned Doomsday yesterday for the purpose of understanding the character. Now I wish I had done that before Evo... lol

webreg

Noob
That's unfortunate because CW does fairly well against Doomsday if you are used to it. It's a favorable matchup. Doomsday is the number one character that will kill you fast and makes you feel helpless if you don't know the character.