What's new

anyone else worried their internet might ruin injustice?

Psychotropic

Semi-Casual
Apparently the netcode has been worked on since day 1 of the Injustice development. So 2 years of improving code with MK9 to learn from, you'd have to expect it to be sorted and playable on release day.

SLy

Noob
Is it going to ruin injustice? No..
Long story short if you can endure MK for this long than there will still be people playing it no matter what..

If anything I think bad netcode will ruin the offline community though

Hector also said that the netcode was fixed, but he is not going to change his game up in order to cater to people with internet issues! So if you have bad or lagging internet don't expect the game to compensate for it! Over!
Just upgraded mines!

i have Verizon LTE(Mobile Hotspot)and if you have to ask why it's because this house i reside in was originally suppose to be a weekend lake house that we'll check in on unfortunately it's been many months since we actually left this house and it's been designated as our new home for the time being

by this point you would assume we would get better internet unfortunately you would be wrong we usually take the hotspot with us on vacation(Rolling in A RV....)and my dad has made no attempts to switch to a new provider despite the fact that verizon charges extra after we've gone past 90% internet usage

why is this alarming? because this previous sunday when i picked up luigi's mansion dark moon at gamestop i put down $10 on the standard injustice gods among us(PS3)since i was gonna get it anyways and it seemed pointless not to pre-order at that point

i probably should be wondering what I'll do about my internet situation but i have tried to forget that and keep on getting hyped for the game

it just keeps coming back to me....there's no local scene here and any people i play offline i destroy with ease because they aren't really people that play fighting games

so without a stable internet connection i might as well quit fighting games and that's something i just can't do
Well all I can say is to just keep practicing and learning as much about the game as you can for when you do get better internet or can find a local scene or whatever. If fighting games are your passion, than you shouldn't let any circumstances force you to quit playing them.

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
Well all I can say is to just keep practicing and learning as much about the game as you can for when you do get better internet or can find a local scene or whatever. If fighting games are your passion, than you shouldn't let any circumstances force you to quit playing them.
not much of a chance at an upgrade down here and really i doubt there's any local scene around here the fact you have to drive into the next town to get to gamestop should tell you something about the gamers around here...there are none

i see more old people than i do young people around me

not much of a chance at an upgrade down here and really i doubt there's any local scene around here the fact you have to drive into the next town to get to gamestop should tell you something about the gamers around here...there are none

i see more old people than i do young people around me
Same situation for me, but luckily I have a local internet service provider. Although I have to pay out the ass for decent internet, its miles better than any satellite provider. Sucks being in the middle of nowhere...

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
Same situation for me, but luckily I have a local internet service provider. Although I have to pay out the ass for decent internet, its miles better than any satellite provider. Sucks being in the middle of nowhere...
Indeed it does...I'm not exactly in the middle of nowhere But I'm in the middle of crap land

this town has nothing you drive into the next one just to find something to do or eat...

Indeed it does...I'm not exactly in the middle of nowhere But I'm in the middle of crap land

this town has nothing you drive into the next one just to find something to do or eat...
Ever watched courage the cowardly dog? Thats my house. Except a lot more pine trees >.>

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
it just keeps coming back to me....there's no local scene here and any people i play offline i destroy with ease because they aren't really people that play fighting games

so without a stable internet connection i might as well quit fighting games and that's something i just can't do
You have no fighting game scene?

Tiago7

Noob
if there are problems with netcode on the first days of the game they must patch or the game will die very soon and i don t want that to happen

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
Strangely my speed test results were better than the first time i tried this week....and when i tried just awhile ago i got Grade: B

dunno if that's a good sign or if my internet(Verizon LTE)is really random i remember the first speed test i did ended with horrid results

Is it going to ruin injustice? No..
Long story short if you can endure MK for this long than there will still be people playing it no matter what..

If anything I think bad netcode will ruin the offline community though

I believe it's the opposite actually.

lack of online will starve people for competition, and they will want to travel more often to fill that void.

Do you know why SSBM has lasted over a decade and can still pull hundreds at national tournaments?

Because they have NO online.

Everyone who loves the game MUST travel, and MUST build a scene.

when it comes to having online always at your fingertips, people don't feel the need to travel to fill this "void" not to mention you MUSt be at tournaments to be good.

while online, you can just keep playing that til you feel like you can hold your own really well in a tournament environment.

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
what is a good way to know if your internet can handle injustice? speedtest doesn't seem like a good indicator
There is no way of anyone to know the answer to this until release day. If for what ever reason you are having second thoughts on picking up the game just rent it to test out the online component. If it seems decent and you aren't getting a bunch of laggy games you're good to go.

I can't get to a computer so from my phone.

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
There is no way of anyone to know the answer to this until release day. If for what ever reason you are having second thoughts on picking up the game just rent it to test out the online component. If it seems decent and you aren't getting a bunch of laggy games you're good to go.

I can't get to a computer so from my phone.
I'm not having second thoughts on the game whatsoever i was just wanting to be sure that my connection would hold up

besides there aren't rental stores around here and I'm not in the mood to wait around for gamefly to send it(Hate The USPS Around here)