What's new

Question Anyone else prefer Electric Arrow over Fire?

Which Arrow do you prefer using? (State why please)

• Total voters
I mainly use ice, but I use the Electric Arrow in full screen zoning distances and whatnot such as checking people if they try to get interactables. The speed of the arrow is most important for me in this situation. Just like the Fire's usage. I mean, not many people see it coming and it gives me a chance to get in with the stun it gives. If they block it still gives the same amount of chip damage as the Fire one.

I just want to know which of the two Arrows do you like using and what situation do you use them for. For me, I prefer Electric.

Yammini

Noob
Using electric arrow only in wall combos, the fire arrows are much better for zoning in my opinion - the enemy gets knockdown, better dmg, 3 arrows and you can continue it to full combo if it hits with the mirror interactable in Fortress from full screen (takes only this map).

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I only use other arrows in zoning situations. His damage isnt enhanced much by electric and your not very likely to predict when you will get a combo that allows electric usage. His Zoning is still better with Fire arrows because it has 3 instead of 2.

The hitbox thing is new to me but overall I feel Fire is superior.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
My friend plays GA and mixes it up. I have to look at his trait at the bottom to see what hes doing

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Honestly, I have yet to find any practical use for the electric arrow. Fire arrow just seems more useful with the knockdown effect and you get three instead of 2.

Though, the electic arrow definitely looks the most badass of the three. If possible, I always try to end the match using one of them. lol

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
It's totally dependent on what character and in some cases player habit. They work great in the batman match and like mentioned many times before the long range overhead option is good. The speed of the arrow alone will make it hit more consistent than fire arrows which helps you close the gap when you need to. I don't think they should be used for damage, they're much better as a tool to get in. It also doesn't hurt that you can get a juggle off air to air arrows in more cases.

RexyWrecks

RTSD All Day. I'm going in. No Vaseline.
Scoot is right. It's also really good when trying to close a game out. Electric arrows are harder to dodge.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I take it all back. I love electric arrow. My style with my pressure mixups, electric arrow gives me more damage whole allowing me to continue pressure. My pressure revolved around the frame advantage of G-arrow on hit but it only does 1%. E-arrow allows similar setups but does more damage and can lead to a combo that is hit confirmable. I can now pressure and get big damage without ice arrow.

My main oprions for pressure with E-arrow:
f2d1 low electric - does 12%ish damage but even if only the mixup works (5% plus b3 and sometimes f3 f2 range)
b2 electric - does 10% damage and frame advantage (f2 range)
f2d13 electric - Grants 30% combos and reload

Its too good.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I take it all back. I love electric arrow. My style with my pressure mixups, electric arrow gives me more damage whole allowing me to continue pressure. My pressure revolved around the frame advantage of G-arrow on hit but it only does 1%. E-arrow allows similar setups but does more damage and can lead to a combo that is hit confirmable. I can now pressure and get big damage without ice arrow.

My main oprions for pressure with E-arrow:
f2d1 low electric - does 12%ish damage but even if only the mixup works (5% plus b3 and sometimes f3 f2 range)
b2 electric - does 10% damage and frame advantage (f2 range)
f2d13 electric - Grants 30% combos and reload

Its too good.
Electric arrows work great in the f2d1 mixups in the corner as well. If you land a f2d13 xx standing electric arrow you can get a d2 into ice arrow load then land a d1 ice arrow. He has somewhat of a vortex in the corner if you keep looping that, I made a vid a while back.