What's new

Question - Swarm Queen anyone else having trouble being able to wasp cancel after patch 8-31-15?

SeasonedGeisha

Make Harley Consistent 2k18
I can get it on her easier timing ones but 112 And B1 Are extremely difficult and I haven't even landed them once offline. This making me nervous because SQ D'vorah is my Secondary!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9158

I thought I read in the patch notes that it would tougher to do the cancels

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
I am just assuming, but I am pretty sure it has something do with a universal pushback on some moves. Shinnoks MB HS Pressure, since nothing is now guaranteed after it. They seemed to add a bit of push back which adds more frames to the pressure.

I could be wrong though.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
112 WC feels nigh impossible. I was gonna chalk it up to execution but there's a noticeable increase in time that I have to hold the big before I can cancel. I'm at the point now where b1 WC feels far easier in comparison

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
I agree 100%.

I don't see the connection there.
if a move connects at a different point in time because of that change then the cancel timing should to right?

well if anything it sucks for you D'Vorah players since you guys are always being like screwed by these changes.

but hey, you pick D'Vorah and shes nasty

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
I agree 100%.

I don't see the connection there.
There was an universal pushback on blocked moves, for example Shinnoks MB Hellsparks. Nothing in his patches notes stated anything getting changed with a F4 or the hellsparks and frame data is still the same, but yet Shinnok no longer able to Jail the opponent.

So I am just guessing that D'Vorah somehow got affected with the same thing Shinnok did.

Do you notice anymore pushback when you do the RC?

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
I don't really feel the change. I noticed a change after 8-31 on block but after the hotfix everything felt fine. after I saw honeybees video I checked it ingame but 112wgc felt the same way as always for some reason.

@G4S Killin Natzees Thanks for the tag.

Here is the video of me going over it. I talk about it for 20 minutes or so at the beginning of the stream.

Quick summary:

I noticed on Thursday, September 10th that the 112 wgc 212 became tighter. It was fine for me when I was playing earlier in the day but in the evening after 8PM EST when I went to play my bro it suddenly became different.

It feels like there's additional frames that you have to hold the bug before you can cancel it and the link itself has therefore become tighter to execute. At one point in the video I start doing it multiple times in a row and I begin to think she's fine but she's not lol. I've tested it multiple times and there's definitely something wrong here. I'm 100% certain.

Btw, I find that B1 wgc 212 has no change. It feels exactly the same to cancel as it did before but 112 and f22 both feel like there's some extra frames in there before you can cancel out.
All cancel required characters need a few more frames to cancels , ie marksman erron black , heavy weapons jax , a list johnny ( feels the most changed ) , dragon fire liu kang. I play all of these and they all require a longer delay , which is very annoying and i hope it gets fixed even tho hw jax and marksman aren't really diffirent but still noticable

I don't know if it's just me or not, but after the latest patch (9-21) all bug cancels feel the same as they were before 8-31.

Like i said, maybe it's just me...

Skedar70

Noob
Ok so I just started learning Dvorah. I can do all the cancels except after the 112. I came into the forums and read that this was the easiest one, but now I came across this thread. So what happened is this a bug that was fixed or is the execution tighter. This is important since 112 is a 7f punisher.