What's new

Any tips on how to relaunch opponents?

Houzi

Noob
I don't know if there already is a topic on this or what not, but I was wondering if I can have a few pointers on how to successfully land a relaunch. Does it only work with one certain combo per person or does it work on all characters that can launch an opponent? Do you need special perfect timing on when you should jump towards them and then perform a relaunch. I have no clue never done it but seen it done on me and I can't do it whenever I try. Please help :oops:

"Relaunch combos:

What you must do is a pop up (launcher) combo and then jump as they arch in the air. Right before they land you have a small window to connect another jump punch that fools the game into thinking they are on the ground, making them stand up and sell the attack standing instead of being juggled. If you mistime it, they will either be juggled by the jump punch, missed, or they will be able to block it. Not everyone can relaunch every character due to collision detection. Kano, Ermac and Human Smoke can relaunch everyone. Sonya, Kabal and Classic Sub-zero can relaunch a lot of characters, and so and so forth. Some characters are very hard to relaunch, some are easy when it's the computer, like the Robots and Sheeva, because they don't block until the combo breaks and their vertical collisions are taller than others. This means they are touching the ground and still hittable for longer duration, but they are in blockable frames longer as well, so ultimately they have just as small a window to legit relaunch. With characters like Sonya, Ermac, Human Smoke, and Kano, you must pause after their pop up before jumping forward since they recover faster than Kabal and Classic Sub-zero. With the latter, you can just hold Up+Forward after the pop up and getting relaunchers with them is very easy. In general, this is another advanced, somewhat cheap tactic, and generally not worth it unless you have mastered the timing."

This was taken from the "General Gameplay Guide" in the Strategy Guides section here at ultimatemk.com.

Houzi

Noob
Wow, and I fucking read the entire strategy guide. :oops:

I'm a fucking moron, thanks for posting that though. Helped A LOT. you guys are G's (in Albany "G" means Cool/awesome/amazing/etc)

我爱我的怒朋友!!!!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Or just PM shock, DED or Dreemer 8) lol they seem to have every nick, nack of this game memorized literally. Very helpful as well.

I like doing relaunches with Kabal vs. robots(it's easier compared to the others IMO) and C. Sub's, Ermac's are also good too.

Everyone has different timing.

I personally find Sonya the easiest to re-launch with. Just wait a split second.

I like to pick stryker vs sheeva he can do lots of damage with his relaunch hk hp hp lp I think his does the most damage but I could be wrong. Oh wait I forgot about kabal hk lk hp hp d hp.