What's new

Question Any tips on evading or punishing batmans b23 or other high low combos with the joker

I'm relatively new to fighting games but I've been pretty into them for like the past 6 months now, there all I play and after practicing all my advanced combo's repeatedly it's really discouraging to get destroyed by someone spamming b23, I beat him the first two rounds but the last one that's all he did and I just couldn't find something to answer to it, any tips on how to get around simple unblockable combo spammers like batman and shazaam

BaronVonRupert

"Mere child's play."
any tips on how to get around simple unblockable combo spammers like batman and shazaam
wat

well as far as b2,3 goes usually i get punished by having my opponent jump over me at the right time. batman will whiff the string and roll right into their face for a full combo.
other than that, the string is very good.

thanks that's good to know, I'm usually blocking low unless they jump and so that kinda screws me but I'm getting better at reading them, and I'll try and get good at seeing this coming so I can jump it, it's tricky though seeing as there's so many combos that hit low and overhead, you almost have to know all of them so you can see when they're coming and get out of the way

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
The best way to block batman is to start low on the first hit and then stand up for the rest, unless you notice that he's doing the string that ends by scooping you, in which case you go back to a low. I find that b23 tend to catch me when I'm in the air trying to jump over him, but it depends on the timing. He can be a pain to block because of all the mixup, but if you follow that, the only thing he'll catch you with is a cancel into the slide, which is not something most players will do because if you block it, it's crazy unsafe.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
When batman does b23 with his back in the corner, you can jump straight after the batarangs and get a guaranteed jump, he can't armour, parry, super, anything.