What's new

Any thoughts on mechanical PS4 DPAD?

Hey guys, anyone tried BBC ps4 mechanical buttons? This: https://battlebeavercustoms.com/products/ps4-d-buttons

For those who don't how, it's basically a replacement for the default dpad, making every direction a separate button to avoid jumping like an idiot when doing back forward 2 jacqui dash punch lol
Was just looking at this last night. I want to try it but I feel it might not be as good unless you get the fully modded pre built versions with mechanical buttons.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I haven't tried them but now I want to, I'm getting annoyed with BF inputs on the DS4 D-pad. I like how I can cheese Cassie and Johnny's nut punches by just like sliding over bd, but it still might be interesting to try.

kcd117

Noob
Def gonna pick one up when I can.

My main problem is that regular DS4 d-pad lasts 2 months for me.

Having to replace the rubber/controller is starting to hurt my wallet.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Just be careful compare and review everything ive been burnt buying custom pads before they break easily , shitty wiring etc.

t3kwytch3r

Stone-Kold-Zoner
I was also considering getting the mod and installing it myself. I keep accidentally throwing ice balls as Sub Zero in poke wars then get blown TF up. Also, my D just sometimes decides not to work so i need to replace the RCP anyway.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Def gonna pick one up when I can.

My main problem is that regular DS4 d-pad lasts 2 months for me.

Having to replace the rubber/controller is starting to hurt my wallet.
Damn really? I never replaced a controller in my life, except when I threw them at walls lmao.

t3kwytch3r

Stone-Kold-Zoner
Damn really? I never replaced a controller in my life, except when I threw them at walls lmao.
I honestly feel like the Base ps4 controllers aren't up to the same quality as older playstation controls. As a kid, i think i had the same ps1 and 2 controllers for the whole life cycle. The triggers on my ps3 controllers eventually got wonky, multiple times. I have one ps4 controller with a shoddy battery, one which just clapped out entirely (though i suspect it's just the usb charging port, hopefully) and my 'main' controller has that shitty D. Which sucks, because it's less than a year old.

kcd117

Noob
I had to switch rubbers for my old ones 4 times each. It got to a point where it felt like they would crumble in my hands if I played one more game so I had to replace them lol. My third one broke 1 week into MK11 and now I'm on my 4th hoping it lasts at least until November lol

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
I fully intend to get one of these as my go-to pad. When I'm not using my box I'd like to have reliable D-pad inputs, (Plus you can get a transparent controller chassis and that makes the old school gamer in me freak out because of the hype of seeing your friends owning a clear N64 controller like, what you rich ass bitch!?)

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I fully intend to get one of these as my go-to pad. When I'm not using my box I'd like to have reliable D-pad inputs, (Plus you can get a transparent controller chassis and that makes the old school gamer in me freak out because of the hype of seeing your friends owning a clear N64 controller like, what you rich ass bitch!?)
Same

C-Sword

Noob
According to people who tried it, it's good for NRS games, but bad for fighting games that require diagonal inputs. I don't think Sonixfox is still using that modded controller. It's basically the directional buttons on the Switch joycon, you might want to try those first before wasting your money.