What's new

Any Poker players here?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I've been playing poker off and on since I was 16. Never for very much money unfortunately. My biggest cash was in an online tournament a few years ago. Got 2nd place in a $1.50+$0.50 buy in tournament and won ~$325. I'm pretty good I just never have enough money to do anything about it.

There's this league thing in GA called "Interstate Poker". The events are held at specific locations, usually bars/restaurants. There is no buy-in, essentially free poker. You get points for making the final table, and 1st place gets anywhere from $50-100. Then the top 50 players with the most points every month play in a monthly tournament for like $2500 I think? I've never played enough to get in the top 50 so I'm not sure. The only negative is that there's add-ons/chip ups. Which is how it stays alive. If you buy $5 worth of food/drinks, you get a 500 chip up. $10, 1000 chips, $15+ 2000 chips. Keep in mind you start the tournament with 1,500 chips, so the chip ups are very significant. If you have a player card, you get 100 extra chips, if you have a VIP card ($200 a year or you can win it in select tournaments) you get 1000 chips and double what a normal chip up gets you. If you would get 1000 for $10, you get 2000.

So basically, you can buy your way to the final table. So it's always an uphill battle if you don't chip up. And I usually never do because the prices are ridiculous and more importantly, I'm broke.

Anyway, anyone here play Poker? I usually play Hold 'em since it's overwhelmingly the most popular Poker game. But I love Razz, Omaha (all forms), Stud and other random card games not necessarily poker. I had ~$90 on FTP before all the shit storm happened, and I don't think I will be getting that back anytime soon :( The only other person I know who plays poker in the MK community is Dark_Rob

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Im playing poker proffesionally now for 5 years. Still have a job but only work 18 hours a week. I only play cashgames No Limit hold on 6max tables, usually 8/10 tables of 1/2$.
I did play abit of pot limit omaha and no limit heads up.And i never really played tournaments only played a couple live tournaments but i find them abit boring :p

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I've only played a poker game with friends 2 times in my life for money. Either I'm pretty decent or they just suck I won the pot both times.

Playpal

Kombatant
I was a bit of a poker enthusiast a couple years back, not much of a player. Used to watch poker games everyday. One of my goals in life was once to play a game with doyle brunson before he dies. LBSH it could happen any day now (knock on wood).

Spletty

Grandmaster
I used to play a lottttt of poker. Like twice a week for a few years. But now it'd have to be online, don't live near the old friends anymore :(