What's new

Any good controllers for Shang? I had to build one. (Xbox 360)

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Does it work with say a GameStop controller rather than an original Xbox one? I only got that in USB...

As for my shipment from etokki, they were missing the apartment #... Dammit.

Yeah, as long as it works on the 360 knockoff controllers can be used.

kanaida

Kanaida (MK9 Dashboard for android)
Thanks. I'll give it a go. Dying to get my close ground skulls to come out every time. Right now its only about 70% in the heat of battle and I use it to stop mileena quite a bit.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
Anyone know of any controllers where the down up moves come out perfectly? I'm looking for a PS3 style directional pad for Xbox 360...

I ended up building an arcade stick from scratch out of the corpse of a worn out xbox 360 controller. It's great for combos and fireballs as far as accuracy goes, however it limits my ability to dance around opponents as well as I can on the pad.

I'm about 190 in Ranked Tag Team, just tired of loosing the odd fight here and there because of equipment malfunction.

If anyone's interested I also wrote the MK9 Dashboard for android. I know there's plenty of info here, but I'm going through each guy and making up new combos, a strategy guide with lots of little things that typically aren't included, you have 2 characters visible so you can practice tag mode much easier etc...
I've heard of hori controllers for cheap $29.99 here http://www.dascheap.com/xbox-360-horipad-ex2-turbo-blue.html I main Kabal and I use a wired airflow(360) controller. Not perfect as the ps3 d-pad but it gets the job done, cost I believe is $29.99 as well.

LEGEND

YES!
i bought a off brand PS2 controller on amazon for $8 and it works Great

Got a universal converter with it too for $20 and haven't felt any lag whatsoever.

Haven't had any problems playing as Shang on it

kanaida

excellent :) I mean i've gotten much better at those down up fireballs but I have to conciously aim down+right then up+left to counter that stupid xbox controller angle for the d-pad. Lately i've been experimenting with combos where the EX ground skulls blast him over me and i combo him towards the opposite direction on the way down :) pretty sweet, can't wait till I got even more accuracy.

My joystick is great for stuff like that, combos, really precise juggling, and especially characters with combos where you press forward or backward + a button during combos (eg. sheeva). Where it limits me though is reaction/mobility, so it's a bit harder to evade and move around in tight quarters fighting.

kanaida

It has extra buttons because I use it on my PC too with the wireless xbox usb adapter. Ironically to play PC, PS2 (pcsx2), and arcade (MAME) games.

layout.png