What's new

Any Aussies playing online PS3?

Hzaife

Noob
Hi all, im faced with a difficult problem and would like to know if any Aussies (if any are here) suffer from this and if there is any sort of work around

As you all know Mk was banned in Australia (GROAN) but i still ended up getting a copy, heres the problem im facing, every time i try to connect online i make it to lobbys and rooms etc but every time i try to connect with someone for a match i get dropped at the character select screen (even though im NAT2 and my ping is 4 greens)

Ive heard from a few guys down here that Warner Bros have requested bans on all Australian IP addresses which infuriates me even more...

Is there a work around for this? maybe if i go through a proxy? im really bummed guys because i really wanna play online and quite frankly this is total BS that media especially this sort could be banned in the 20th century...

Any help/replies would be greatly appreciated.

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Yeah, getting games going can be a bitch at times
You cannot join anyone who is out of Australia
You'll be dropped straight away
You need to get in the Aussie room when it is up
Or make an Aussie room
Then just wait for other Aussies to come
You can play with New Zealanders and apparently Japs as well
If you try play anyone else it'll just crash

That shit about it being banned is bs im pretty sure.
I used to think it was true to cuz i couldn't get online. But its just the server usually.
If you can't get on, wait a while then try again.
And the ping doesnt mean crap. It'll say you have an awesome connection with everyone until you acually connect to them. Only real way to propery check the ping is in a KOTH room and press square. The real ping values will come up.

Anyways hoped i helped.
What version of the game did you get? lol
I have the US version
My psn is T2o_[asd]Oblivion (minus the [asd])
You have facebook?
Theres an aussie group for the mk online guys

Hzaife

Noob
Hey dude, thanks for the info!

Ive got facebook, whats the page? ill also add you to PSN, i imported a version from the UK.

Thinking of rebuying the komplete one when it drops.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
dont listen to gilbags, hes trying to steer you down the dark path bro, dont believe his lies!

just kidding, but jump in the facebook group.

and you fuckin ps3 guys GOT DAMN where my xbox crew at?

add x5iVESTAR on psn, or add me on facebook search Myles Merritt, youll know you have the right person if the display pic is a pretty boy millionaire. thats me.

Hzaife

Noob
AWESOME STUFF, finally some guys ti play with!

Also whats that facebook page guys?

Is it Myles bee bur Meritt?

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Sorry just got back from tutor
its just an mk page for us aussie online players
makes it easier to set up crap
but you have the uk version
im not sure if it works with the us version

Add me on facebook
name is Aaron Hong
i'll add you to the group

Hzaife

Noob
Can't find you on Facebook bro, what time you usually sleep? I'll be home at 2am if your still up we can try and see if it will connect us

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Nah sorry i can't play right now
got exams coming up
and also my ps3 ylod'd like last week LOL
you can ask the other guys on the group if they wanna try
Its 'Aaron 'gilbert' Hong'

Hzaife

Noob
Ok bro I found u, I added you to psn earlier too.

If I cant play US region discs (which should be no problem because every other game is cross region in terms of online) ill just rebuy the complete collection when it releases