What's new

Anxiety?

Nymesis

Noob
When I play games online (mainly fighting games) I always get this weird feeling in my chest, I feel nervous, and can't focus at all. It's only online though not in person which idk why I would think it would be vise versa. Anyways does anyone have tips on how to keep your cool? I try to listen to so music which kinda helps, but I still get this anxiety feeling

Kevin 7

The bad boy scout
Funny enough I actually find online more nerve racking then I do offline tournaments. I never know why. But for me I feel that is more of a physiological thing. I find myself having an expectation even online (even though I know lag and or it doesn't really matter because it's online). The instant I play the game without any expectations I no longer find myself nervous online.

It's because you don't want to lose. And all the variables. Fighting someone who does cheap moves, loading about and finding out your match had lag, etc. If you played online with a friend you get no anxiety. You know the person, they most likely have a good connection, and you're pretty positive you can beat them. My advice just do player matches. They don't record wins or losses so who cares if you lose. If you want to jump into rank you'll have to take that chance. Have a plan. If the match is laggy what will you do? I had a match with Mileena and my opponent was lagging. Couldn't hit my combos at all! I said F it I'm not losing. And just kept doing my ball and uppercut most of the match. Cheesy but losing is one thing losing because of bad connection, pain in the ass!