What's new

Anti-WakeUp with Raiden?

KidDOJO

Raiden-Scrub
Hi guys,

I have a little problem that i could need some help with.
It's actually a GENERAL problem, but i experience it specifically against Kung Lao.

When i get my opponent knocked down, what is my next move?

I often find myself trying to jump in and do a 2 2 b+4 but that never seem to work as i get stuck in their wakeup attack.

Blocking is of course an option, but if i wanna stay on the offense, what is my best option?

Thanks! :)

KidDOJO

Raiden-Scrub
If i teleport, does he have to make a d b + 1 to make his spin then instead of d f + 1 ?
Or yeah do it reversed if you know what i mean :p

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Just dash in and block their wake-up.it's THE best option.Unless you have armor, something Raiden kind of lacks.

EN Shocker if you feel like it I guess...

KidDOJO

Raiden-Scrub
Just dash in and block their wake-up.it's THE best option.Unless you have armor, something Raiden kind of lacks.

EN Shocker if you feel like it I guess...
I find that when i just block, they start to mix-up and jump around like crazy, making me confused :(
But i guess that's just something i need to practice on...

The teleport was good, but sometimes unsafe, but it really confuses them :)

As a sidenote: What's a good wakeup as Raiden? I usually teleport and go straight on the offense. nJ 3 to superman as an anti-jumpin?

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
I find that when i just block, they start to mix-up and jump around like crazy, making me confused :(

As a sidenote: What's a good wakeup as Raiden? I usually teleport and go straight on the offense. nJ 3 to superman as an anti-jumpin?
If you know they're going to try to pressure your wake up use teleport or if you're feeling really ballsy EX Shocker. Otherwise just roll back.

lazybird123

Purple Belt in BJJ, White Belt in MK
Don't forget the Tom Brady Special: when you finish a combo with an Electric Fly, do another immediatly afterwards and you'll end up right in front of your opponent without him blocking. Also, there is no need to continue pressuring in general with Raiden, once you get a life lead, you start running away and forcing your opponents into mistakes

mekane

Noob
Don't forget the Tom Brady Special: when you finish a combo with an Electric Fly, do another immediatly afterwards and you'll end up right in front of your opponent without him blocking. Also, there is no need to continue pressuring in general with Raiden, once you get a life lead, you start running away and forcing your opponents into mistakes
Yeah this took me a while to get this because of the other characters I play. Raiden is not a very good pressure character. Its easy to get crossed up while doing the wrong move and put into a 30-40% combo or even if you block the JIP they can throw you after. Instead of continued pressure, dash back and try to catch a jump with 1~VB, or teleport and catch him doing a string and whiff punish if you can.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!

If you finish a combo like B312, dash 3 shocker, 1 blast, b3 En lightning or combo like 334 tele,f2(or d3....your choice) shocker, 2(or f2) blast, b3 en lightning........ they can't wake up and you have the advantage to preassure again cause you are picking them from the ground. Or just use En lightning when they are on the ground and they don't have X-ray then preassure them. Most of the time they will just block. En lightning is one of his best tools i think. I am using it alot for my block strings and as an anti wake up. But that is just mine opinion!

Theme

Noob
I often find myself trying to jump in and do a 2 2 b+4 but that never seem to work as i get stuck in their wakeup attack.

Blocking is of course an option, but if i wanna stay on the offense, what is my best option?
Its obvious isnt? Dont recklessly attack him if he wakes up all the time. If you want to keep pressure, stand next to him when hes on the floor and block, then when he does his spin, punish him for it. Its called baiting.