What's new

Tech Anti wakeup with Cyber Sub Zero(?)

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
So I saw some threads talking about anti wakeup game character specicifically, thought I start one with CSZ since it is a pretty good thing to keep your rushdown consinstent with it.

Imho there is a rule, if you can throw a bomb after a string that knocks down just do it, whatever happens, that helps you to negate a lot of wakeups, and will keep the opponent at bay, no one would like to walk right into it, wakeup into a bomb.

Other than this 3,4 have a strange attribute, that it breaks block on wakeup. What I mean is that let's say you send a Mileena into the ground, dash in, and just in the right time you 3,4 Mileena will eat it, even if she held block all the time. Against AI it works all the time, the trick is, you do that 3,4 timed that the 3 hits the opp right in the stomach in the middle of the standing up animation. Against AI all the time, online all the time it works, too bad that I had no way to test it offline with someone.

This could be negated with wakeups, but if timed right the 3,4 will break most of them, yet :en: wakeups are dangerous. Teleport type wakeups are harder to catch with this, some of them won't get caught in your 3,4.
This is where bombs come handy. ^^

332 string have some of the same abilities with the difference of the smaller hitbox, and the 3rd hit being interruptable, however it opens up a bomb trap.

If you want to get safe and you have a bomb out after the knockdown ex-dive kick is your friend, hard to wakeup against, even if blocked will push the opp right into the bomb, if the ex-dive hits it does a damage reset combo with the bomb.

And what do you do to make others rage?
Discuss!

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
So I saw some threads talking about anti wakeup game character specicifically, thought I start one with CSZ since it is a pretty good thing to keep your rushdown consinstent with it.

Imho there is a rule, if you can throw a bomb after a string that knocks down just do it, whatever happens, that helps you to negate a lot of wakeups, and will keep the opponent at bay, no one would like to walk right into it, wakeup into a bomb.

Other than this 3,4 have a strange attribute, that it breaks block on wakeup. What I mean is that let's say you send a Mileena into the ground, dash in, and just in the right time you 3,4 Mileena will eat it, even if she held block all the time. Against AI it works all the time, the trick is, you do that 3,4 timed that the 3 hits the opp right in the stomach in the middle of the standing up animation. Against AI all the time, online all the time it works, too bad that I had no way to test it offline with someone.

This could be negated with wakeups, but if timed right the 3,4 will break most of them, yet :en: wakeups are dangerous. Teleport type wakeups are harder to catch with this, some of them won't get caught in your 3,4.
This is where bombs come handy. ^^

332 string have some of the same abilities with the difference of the smaller hitbox, and the 3rd hit being interruptable, however it opens up a bomb trap.

If you want to get safe and you have a bomb out after the knockdown ex-dive kick is your friend, hard to wakeup against, even if blocked will push the opp right into the bomb, if the ex-dive hits it does a damage reset combo with the bomb.

And what do you do to make others rage?
Discuss!
If I remember correctly sometimes the AI in practice mode doesn't block right away. I could be wrong but I'll have to test this out. Luckily I have the offline resources :)

IMO the best thing to do is U4xxbomb against an airborne opponent then go in for pressure depending on the character. This little tactic works really well against characters with a weak wake-up game like Quan Chi or Shang Tsung.

I've come to the conclusion that bomb set-ups and CSZ's resets should be used only if he has the life lead. There is always the risk of your opponent making the correct read and possibly get a full punish.

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
If I remember correctly sometimes the AI in practice mode doesn't block right away. I could be wrong but I'll have to test this out. Luckily I have the offline resources :)

IMO the best thing to do is U4xxbomb against an airborne opponent then go in for pressure depending on the character. This little tactic works really well against characters with a weak wake-up game like Quan Chi or Shang Tsung.

I've come to the conclusion that bomb set-ups and CSZ's resets should be used only if he has the life lead. There is always the risk of your opponent making the correct read and possibly get a full punish.

Against AI. i used the "Always block" setting in the training menu, and this means that the cpu constantly blocks without ever releasing it. It works like that, but an offline test of this one would be nice. I'll find a way to make a video about it however.

Which anti wakeup is safe really depends on who you play against, against a Lao you would never ever go with the ex-divekick setup I mentioned above, however you would love to do short divekick and bait the spin. But against a Sub Zero you do that all day, he can ex-slide but he'll whiff and get a 18% for that. So there are safe options for you you just have to know which one is the safe at each situation, and how you conditioned your opponent this far.

Rodnigh

Noob
Ya the AI doesn't always block right away in certain situations
Ex: with sektor I can end a juggle with f4 up missile then jip for another full combo even though the AI was set to always block