What's new

Tech - Unbreakable Anti-Wakeup Parry OS

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I stole this idea from the Sonya forums here, and it looks like it works better with Sub-Zero than Sonya.

If you opponent wakes up, they will get parried. I think only Cassie's Flip needs EX Parry because it's too fast. Slower wakeups work with regular parry (for example Sub-Zero's slide - 8f - can be blown up by a regular parry).

If the opponent just lays on the ground the string whiffs and the parry doesn't come out, and you'll be safe.

However if the opponent just stands up quickly and blocks, the parry will come out and you'll be punished. So be careful.

(B1)2 does 7% and you can get a 35% off the parry easily, so that's a 42% meterless punish if they wake up.

EDIT: I previously said that you can option select the parry after B12 to come out only on hit not block, but I was mistaken, so scratch that. You will get punished if the opponent just stands up without delay and just blocks. Master Dizzy has corrected me there.

Last edited:

D4G

Win At All Cost
This looks awesome, nice find. I've never messed with option selects because I personally dont feel they should exist but I want to try this out.
What are the inputs to get this to work?

Braindead

This looks awesome, nice find. I've never messed with option selects because I personally dont feel they should exist but I want to try this out.
What are the inputs to get this to work?
There are many option selects in this game, but in this thread I'm using 2. One of them is just the idea of canceling a string into a parry while they're on the ground. If they wake up the string hits and it cancels, if they stay on the ground it whiffs and it doesn't cancel into the parry.

The other OS is that if they block the string the parry doesn't come out, but if they get hit the parry comes out. This is done in the game by pressing a directional input after you've canceled the string into the special move.

D4G

Win At All Cost
There are many option selects in this game, but in this thread I'm using 2. One of them is just the idea of canceling a string into a parry while they're on the ground. If they wake up the string hits and it cancels, if they stay on the ground it whiffs and it doesn't cancel into the parry.

The other OS is that if they block the string the parry doesn't come out, but if they get hit the parry comes out. This is done in the game by pressing a directional input after you've canceled the string into the special move.
Just any directional input? Seems to easy. Going to try it now, thanks.

Houndovhell

Subby-Z is my Main Man, the Man that I Main
okay, so I'm using it against cassie. Her ex flip kick (armor eats the hit) gets parried, but her non-ex flip kick gets hit by the (b1)2 and the parry comes out, but she doesnt get frozen. Is this supposed to be like that? :p

Braindead

okay, so I'm using it against cassie. Her ex flip kick (armor eats the hit) gets parried, but her non-ex flip kick gets hit by the (b1)2 and the parry comes out, but she doesnt get frozen. Is this supposed to be like that? :p
No one should wake up with non-ex moves because they get stuffed very easily with anything.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
@Braindead

I have reason to believe this actually doesn't work. Can you show a recording of the setup when it works as described in the OP? (Show it on hit, block, and vs an armored wake up with the same recording)

If it follows the rules of how the hit OS works vs armor, the parry won't come out vs armor; making contact with an armored move registers in the game as if the move was blocked.

Braindead

@Braindead

I have reason to believe this actually doesn't work. Can you show a recording of the setup when it works as described in the OP? (Show it on hit, block, and vs an armored wake up with the same recording)

If it follows the rules of how the hit OS works vs armor, the parry won't come out vs armor; making contact with an armored move registers in the game as if the move was blocked.
Damn. I messed it up a lot but I thought it was my timing. I could have sworn I got it a few times though, I guess I was mistaken when testing. But this explains it.

I guess then the only OS would then be against delayed wakeups.

Going to edit the OP. Thanks a lot man.

Last edited: