What's new

Video/Tutorial - Shinnok Anti Hellsparks Tech - Attack or Run Through

"_____ to all."

• Total voters

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Unless you're jumping around like an idiot who does hellsparks at that range
a lot of people to discourage running in and jumping in, and just over all getting in, it is the ultimate keep away tool, until now

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I know Ferra/Torr can PnG through his sparks and do a similar thing since his dash cancel would soak a hit and force the gap or just catch the gap.
Its tight though. But yeah, the gap between the 2nd and 3rd spark are hella exploitable by some characters. I think at the right spacing Torr can do his charge and Ferra will clip shinnok, but don't quote me on it.

RexyWrecks

RTSD All Day. I'm going in. No Vaseline.
This is consistent but it takes proportionate amounts of training depending on individual skill and character capability. I can f2 shroud with pyro and b12flip with Hollywood. Still figuring out what to do with Kitana, probably just iaf him to death though.
Try the whirlwind move.. Or throat slice

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Not really. Shinnok has some of the worse metered damage in the game. He gets, what, 25%? off of raw MB hellsparks?
25% that you freely give him. Or 25% into a vortex into a 16% grab. Or 25% into his move steal into a mixup. Could go either way. This is very interesting and ill test it, but can be risky as heck

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
@RVB I told you, didn't I tell you? my HLs are just like your clone: insanely good, but also inconsistent.

Nothing inconsistent about it. Just a gap that could be exploited. Perfectly normal.

But the clone... Well the clone needs help.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Nothing inconsistent about it. Just a gap that could be exploited. Perfectly normal.

But the clone... Well the clone needs help.
besides the stance specific thing (ye, that's super dumb), you could say the same about the clone.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Nice, so is this something you can do on reaction consistently or do you have to properly space it and make the read or a semi-read? I'm at college at the moment so I can't practice it myself at the moment.
You can react to it, but you have to be at the right distance. You run after the first spark comes out.