What's new

Anti-Firestorm Option Select

Hey all, here's a quick video on how you can option select around Firestorm's molten trap meterburn followup:

In short, block the trap, then continue inputting block just long enough so you'll block the first couple frames of the meterburn, then immediately input a dash, then immediately crouch again. If you do this right, you'll always block the meterburn followup and continue sitting still, but if there's no meterburn, you'll dash forward. And if you're doing this from range, Firestorm can't punish your forward dash with any option except his meterburn fireball. I'm showing this with Swamp Thing, not exactly a fast character, so other characters will probably get even better options.

This makes his far zoning suck, since the opponent doesn't have to take any risks to beat it. He's a real character up close, and I like his buffs, buuut his zoning still sucks.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Yeah his zoning is not hard to deal with at all. It's interesting people seem to think otherwise just because he has a full screen option or two. The character is great, but not for his zoning

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
hmm okay so i gotta treat it like deathstroke's low guns now. they're gonna eventually get in if you keep doing it but they take a good amount of chip on the way in. where you did the walk forward after the middle molten is a pretty good range for firestorm to fight most of the cast in so it isn't horrible.

main takeaway is that you are going to want to use his regular ass fireball as your main zoning tool now. its one of the more underrated projectiles imo, goes pretty fast and with trait on wins out trades on pretty much every other projectile in the game. you can check people with the molten for when they are trying to walk after ducking a fireball. keep in mind if you clip someone's feet in the air with a fireball you can convert with an ex molten for a full combo if you hit them high enough :)

all in all i think his zoning is fairly good, but thats not really what firestorm is more of a hybrid character than a character that is panned hard to one playstyle. where his projectiles really shine is in counter zoning.