What's new

anti cross-over d1

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
okay am a heavy lurker to these forums and i haven't really seen anyone mention anything about anti cross-over d1, but i have a question about it. I have been noticing that catching someone trying to cross you over with cages d1 is really risky. at least online because for the most part am stuck to playing online for now until i move back to NYC. anyway most of the time i try to do it i get blown up on reaction. i don't know if its just me but i wanted to know if cages d1 has different properties in his d1 than other characters like scorpion and jax just to name off the top of my head. like it seems i can actually pull it off with those characters over my main which is cage. if any person with knowledge over this can post a link to where it was discussed or start a discussion right now that would be awesome. :p

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
AAs in general are extremely risky online due to the timing being screwed to hell. I don't even bother trying to AA online. Generally you're going to eat a JIP attempting to do it.

Zyphox

yeah i mean am good at standing 1 AA online if i know there gonna jump but not on reaction. would you know if offline d1 anti cross over works. am trying to get my girlfriend into mk and i'll test it out when i get home but even in video i see of offline gameplay it seems some characters can d1 cross-over better than other, i just want to confirm this.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Im pretty sure some characters like Scorpion and Jax have better d1's for anti-crossup than other characters. I personally find JC d1 really hard to use.

NKZero

Noob
I actually like Cage's d1 a lot. Maybe I'm used to timing it correctly. the thing i notice with Cage's d1 is it has to be done a lot later imo than someone like Scorpion's. I might be wrong (probably am) but the longer you delay it the more likely it is to work, at least in my experience.

Zyphox

i wonder if it was any easier to do pre d1 nerf or not. i mean they butchered his d1 so maybe now it doesn't have priority before jip as much????

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
His D1 sucks as AA crossover.

Just dash out and B3, once the opponent respects that you can just dash out and F3 instead because they'll block when they land, turning their cross over into your favour.

Sure they've never touched his d1 anyway, how can it be butchered if its 6 frames?

NKZero

Noob

Just dash out and B3, once the opponent respects that you can just dash out and F3 instead because they'll block when they land, turning their cross over into your favour.

Sure they've never touched his d1 anyway, how can it be butchered if its 6 frames?
thats interesting I've had some success with his D1 in comparison to other characters. But you are right in the sense that B3 is a better option. Btw is Cage ur real main or is it Sonya or is it both? Who else d'you play?

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
thats interesting I've had some success with his D1 in comparison to other characters. But you are right in the sense that B3 is a better option. Btw is Cage ur real main or is it Sonya or is it both? Who else d'you play?
I always switch out between Cage and Sonya, I've played more Cage. KL is a close 3rd then I've got Shang, Rain, Raiden, Sub

Zyphox

well they nerfed the block advantage of his d1, remember when JOP at evo f3 2 and d1 after allowed and f3 2 basically for free, thats what i was told about that, so if they nerfed that ould they nerf AA properties for his d1? cuz when i play as jax and scorpion i swear i could do it every time except when they kick instead of punch. but with cage it was so mixed.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
well they nerfed the block advantage of his d1, remember when JOP at evo f3 2 and d1 after allowed and f3 2 basically for free, thats what i was told about that, so if they nerfed that ould they nerf AA properties for his d1? cuz when i play as jax and scorpion i swear i could do it every time except when they kick instead of punch. but with cage it was so mixed.
It wasnt block advantage, if that was the case he could d1 all day.

The mindgame is, after F32 is Cage gonna D1 or f3 again or throw etc.

Zyphox

It wasnt block advantage, if that was the case he could d1 all day.

The mindgame is, after F32 is Cage gonna D1 or f3 again or throw etc.
i didn't actually mean it had block advantage i meant instead of just -2 its -13 (hypothetical) , now i dont know what it was but i heard from somewhere that before that patch f3 2 then d1 allowed another f3 2 for free, someone said it cant remember it was recently to, calling it a pseudo block infinite, which means false infinite, so they either had to patch d1 or f3 2 right? i think it was the block stun of d1 which allowed this but i cant find where i heard this from. i dont know if cage's d1 was the only down 1 with block stun but you can see that if he had one they had to have gotten it patched. i dont know if block stun is the same as advantage on block so dont rape me if it isn't am just reiterating what i heard someone else say.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
i didn't actually mean it had block advantage i meant instead of just -2 its -13 (hypothetical) , now i dont know what it was but i heard from somewhere that before that patch f3 2 then d1 allowed another f3 2 for free, someone said it cant remember it was recently to, calling it a pseudo block infinite, which means false infinite, so they either had to patch d1 or f3 2 right? i think it was the block stun of d1 which allowed this but i cant find where i heard this from. i dont know if cage's d1 was the only down 1 with block stun but you can see that if he had one they had to have gotten it patched. i dont know if block stun is the same as advantage on block so dont rape me if it isn't am just reiterating what i heard someone else say.
The only thing thats changed with Cages F32 is that it dont combo into nutpunch anymore. Its a pseudo infinite based on a correct read.

Zyphox

The only thing thats changed with Cages F32 is that it dont combo into nutpunch anymore. Its a pseudo infinite based on a correct read.
if i find where i heard this from ill post it but lets get back on topic, what do you use for anti- crossover?

if i find where i heard this from ill post it but lets get back on topic, what do you use for anti- crossover?
Like F0xy said, dash b3 is a good option. D1 can be risky, especially online (I don't even bother with it anymore). Cage's uppercut works wonders too. Flashkick can work too I guess.