What's new

Strategy Anti Airing vs Not Anti Airing

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Honestly most D2's are pretty lenient with timing, just don't do them too early and they'll connect.

Some people just have jumping incorporated into their play style and won't stop even if you anti-air every jump.
Prime example was two nights ago I fought a Sub Zero player (I was Piercing Mileena) who got me first round from doing Sub's ridiculous JIP1 into 50/50/ice clone. I realised this was his strategy and so next round I only focused on anti-airing.
Mileena's B1 in Piercing is a great anti-air, can lead to about 40% if you spend a bar, anyways beat him using only B1 anti-air.
First thing he did in third round was jump 1.....after losing a round from only anti-airs, he just still continued to jump in.

Moral of the story is you need to get your anti-airs down as it can make easy work of people who rely on jumping.
what is this 40% anti-air you speak of for a bar?

and yeah, how do you deal with kung jin's who take advantage of his stupid air normals and dive kicks.

what is this 40% anti-air you speak of for a bar?
I only know the 37% meterless: b1, b1, b1, b12 roll, b212+4
how do you deal with kung jin's who take advantage of his stupid air normals and dive kicks.
jump with him with preemtive jump 1/2. You better use characters with safe air normals like Kitana, Tanya so you can hit/whiff confirm into safer move if you whiff your jump normals.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
I only know the 37% meterless: b1, b1, b1, b12 roll, b212+4

jump with him with preemtive jump 1/2. You better use characters with safe air normals like Kitana, Tanya so you can hit/whiff confirm into safer move if you whiff your jump normals.
what if im using som1 like lasher, i've got the tornado move.

what if im using som1 like lasher, i've got the tornado move.
It's not as safe as Kitana's float or Tanya's [whatever special moves] because of its long startup.
Test this in the lab: use Tanya, record her doing instant jump back 2, db3, db3. Then switch as other character and jump at her. If she hits jump 2 she will instantly teleport (that's the first db3 input). If she whiffs jump 2 then the teleport comes out a bit later (the second db3 input). This concept can help you understand how whiffed air normal cancelled into air special works. Lasher's tornado is safe on block and on whiff but because after whiffed air normal there's a delay before the special comes out, and the safe move has very long startup, he can be punished

To reiterate my point, noobe bodied immortall angel in konquest because noobe was basically anti airing immortall angel every time he jumped.