What's new

Anti-Air vs. Dive Kicks

Nevrosis

Keelawutaye!
Any character that can Dive Kick (I've been playing against a Sonya alot lately) seems to beat all my AA options. What should I do against these, just block any jump in attempt? Or am I just timing something wrong?

Nevrosis

Keelawutaye!
So basically i should just block all jump-in attempts expecting a dive kick then punish? That allows your opponent to always JIP and pressure you cause you'd be affraid to use AA no? I guess it's a guessing game in a certain way. If you can time your axe or standing 1 to hit a divekick instead you still get a nice punish and don't let the opponent get free pressure no? I'm just wondering if it's possible to beat a dive kick with something.

Nevrosis

Keelawutaye!
The EX choke is a good idea since you keep your hand in the air for a few frames leaving a larger window open to grab the divekick. I havn't had much success with the axe tho since it's faster. If my opponent varies the timing of his divekick I can't really predict when to do it. It does allow greater punishment tho. Thx, I'll try the EX choke out. It might cost some meter but throwing it in just once or twice in a match will make your opponent respect your AA, and he'll think twice before using a divekick next time.