What's new

Video/Tutorial Another raven 50/50 setup

Sami

Noob
Okay now I've thought about it for more than 10 seconds I've got some questions. This only applies to the Event Horizon setup:

1) Why use this over the standing reset ambiguous cross-up? This setup leaves you completely unsafe if you go for NJ2 and they block it, where-as doing the ambiguous cross-up leaves you safe even on block.

2) As you're doing a very late JI3, can this be back-dashed out of? The active frames of the 3 before you hit the ground are probably less than the invincibility frames on the back-dash.

For normal stance I would be more inclined to use the late jump-in 1/2/3 to bait AA wake-up attacks. Not sure if you have enough frame advantage to do a safe jump-in after the lift. If so, bait the wake-up with the attack and you should be able to land first and block it, giving you a punish after. If they do a non-invincible wake-up then timed right the jump-in kick should just hit them. Against characters without a wake-up AA move, again I would just use the regular ambiguous cross-up setups as they're much safer.

Glass Sword

Nobody
Okay now I've thought about it for more than 10 seconds I've got some questions. This only applies to the Event Horizon setup:

1) Why use this over the standing reset ambiguous cross-up? This setup leaves you completely unsafe if you go for NJ2 and they block it, where-as doing the ambiguous cross-up leaves you safe even on block.

2) As you're doing a very late JI3, can this be back-dashed out of? The active frames of the 3 before you hit the ground are probably less than the invincibility frames on the back-dash.

For normal stance I would be more inclined to use the late jump-in 1/2/3 to bait AA wake-up attacks. Not sure if you have enough frame advantage to do a safe jump-in after the lift. If so, bait the wake-up with the attack and you should be able to land first and block it, giving you a punish after. If they do a non-invincible wake-up then timed right the jump-in kick should just hit them. Against characters without a wake-up AA move, again I would just use the regular ambiguous cross-up setups as they're much safer.
What I want to know is if I can do this of a normal deep jump 3 because I get jump ins all day against some of the cast. If this is possible me jumping will be less annoying and much more deadly.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy

1) i just wanted to know if it worked with her teleport setup, and which ambiguous crossup do you mean

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
[quote="Sami, post: 1201846, member: 113Okay now I've thought about it for than 10 seconds I've got some questions. This only applies to the Event Horizon setup:

For normal stance I would be more inclined to use the late jump-in 1/2/3 to bait AA wake-up attacks. Not sure if you have enough frame advantage to do a safe jump-in after the lift. If so, bait the wake-up with the attack and you should be able to land first and block it, giving you a punish after. If they do a non-invincible wake-up then timed right the jump-in kick should just hit them. Against characters without a wake-up AA move, again I would just use the regular ambiguous cross-up setups as they're much safer.[/quote]
To me its just another set up to add to your arsenal.
If you go for the ambiguos cross up set up and it diesnt cross up you can go for this mix up after.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
when i first saw this i thought that crouching it would completely dismantle this but from the video you just put up it seems like the characters are jailed.... Thats very interesting and i plan to look further into this.. Whats the frame data for a blocked j3?

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
when i first saw this i thought that crouching it would completely dismantle this but from the video you just put up it seems like the characters are jailed.... Thats very interesting and i plan to look further into this.. Whats the frame data for a blocked j3?
The more you delay the j3 the more adv. But the more push back. So with raven you have to hit just in the middle for the j2 to jail.
Other charavter have this. Like joker and Harley. Harley and jokers are better because of the hitbox of their j2. And they have a fast low starter.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
The more you delay the j3 the more adv. But the more push back. So with raven you have to hit just in the middle for the j2 to jail.
Other charavter have this. Like joker and Harley. Harley and jokers are better because of the hitbox of their j2. And they have a fast low starter.

Said you quoted me in this topic? lol I didn't post :-/

The Ji3 Nj2 dive kick intrigues me though it is situational . I shall add this to my arsenal ....Maybe even go for the combo if i have enough life to risk it ;)