What's new

Tech Another Arrow Trap by LOTF

booivi

Good Game :)
Guys, the point of this video is that it's not only an overhead, and the fact that f3 is slow doesnt matter its still guaranteed and +6 on block. the fact that the opponent thinks they are safe to move or press buttons after f2d1arrow is where f3/b13 takes place and plays a mind game on the opponent. And of course, as lordofthefly mentioned, once you get your opponent to respect the block advantage you get a guaranteed super. Or you can even combo into super if you think they will attempt to move or press buttons by doing 113xxsuper. I tested it and it works in the corner too.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Guys, the point of this video is that it's not only an overhead, and the fact that f3 is slow doesnt matter its still guaranteed and +6 on block. the fact that the opponent thinks they are safe to move or press buttons after f2d1arrow is where f3/b13 takes place and plays a mind game on the opponent. And of course, as lordofthefly mentioned, once you get your opponent to respect the block advantage you get a guaranteed super. Or you can even combo into super if you think they will attempt to move or press buttons by doing 113xxsuper. I tested it and it works in the corner too.
My thing is that people won't think they can move after a normal arrow forever. Eventually people are going to learn that it leaves him at massive frame advantage. Even if the overhead is guaranteed and even if it's +6 people will know this sooner or later. I'm not trying to dismiss anything. I really need to play against it and see for myself.

booivi

Good Game :)
My thing is that people won't think they can move after a normal arrow forever. Eventually people are going to learn that it leaves him at massive frame advantage. Even if the overhead is guaranteed and even if it's +6 people will know this sooner or later. I'm not trying to dismiss anything. I really need to play against it and see for myself.
Exactly, but even when you know about the advantage after arrow, people are gonna respect your block string. Once they respect it you can get a guaranteed block string into super. Thats the awesome thing about this.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Exactly, but even when you know about the advantage after arrow, people are gonna respect your block string. Once they respect it you can get a guaranteed block string into super. Thats the awesome thing about this.
Yes I agree 100% with that and didn't dispute it. What I thought might not be viable is the overhead option actually hitting players that know the setup. Thats the move that leads to being able to reload the ice arrow mid combo and keep looping it. Other than the overhead I think it's great.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I appreciate the healthy discussion on this. After hearing feedback I went online and started testing alternatives to this.

Just FYI...The time it takes for the f3 to come out is slower than the time for the "d1" in f2d13. So if expecting the f3 and stand blocking, and I go with f2d13, many times they will struggle to block correctly with the overhead low "change up".

To further explain I'll use the baseball analogy of the "change up".

Pitchers throw fastballs to set up the change up. The arrow trap is no different. Even if you know it is coming, your muscle memory and mind is used to seeing (within the same amount of frames) one option but another forces you to block out of sync with the traditional block pattern. This really tests their reaction time. I have found it to work often.

7L

Heads up!
Lovely, I usually do a dumed down version of this and I dont get an arrow load without dropping it after hitting a b2 > up heaven blast > 111 > useless arrow > 111

This looks like a great set up and also since the f3 is + on block, that just creates more problems for the opponent. Besides situations where you would want to get maximum damage or even bait a wake up, this set up will work good. I'll have to start using this.

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
Footage of my arrow and Grundy vs Reno's Batman, Batgirl as well as Glass Sword WW

http://www.twitch.tv/atlantakombat/b/434962323
4:20 GA vs Batman / Batgirl
4:44 Grundy vs batman
4:59 GA vs Batgirl again
5:03 GA vs WW
good stuff fly, just a quickie on the pressure though, after d1d4 you gotta start following up with b2 standing arrow, everyone was ducking after a d1d4!! anything from a f2 to a b3 is pretty much free, or if you wanna keep mixing it up b2 low arrow and throw is a option if they dont backdash/jump, then if they start backdashing/jumping you can catch them with what you like d2/j3 on a jump or a standing arrow on a backdash

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
good stuff fly, just a quickie on the pressure though, after d1d4 you gotta start following up with b2 standing arrow, everyone was ducking after a d1d4!! anything from a f2 to a b3 is pretty much free, or if you wanna keep mixing it up b2 low arrow and throw is a option if they dont backdash/jump, then if they start backdashing/jumping you can catch them with what you like d2/j3 on a jump or a standing arrow on a backdash
I use b2 quite a bit in the set. I should probably use it more.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
really starting to like this set up actually, most people have been blocking the F3 after the first time though,

gonna see how viable F3(forward dash cancel) into throw is, wish we new cancel frames off f3 and b3

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
really starting to like this set up actually, most people have been blocking the F3 after the first time though,

gonna see how viable F3(forward dash cancel) into throw is, wish we new cancel frames off f3 and b3
I was playing pig yesterday for a while and still hit him a few times. I really had to condition him with f2d1...also when I was just a little out of the corner, the spacing makes it ambiguous and I hit it more often.