What's new

Announcer, Fonts, Lifebars, EX & X-Ray meter, over all order of things (regarding last MKX stream)

khrome

Master of The Universe
Also I really hope they change the font and everything about how the word Fatality looks. It needs to look big and brutal, and maybe have blood dripping from it like in MK9. As of now it looks way too clean, nothing Mortal Kombat about it at all.
What about liquid metal font?

Or liquid chrome ?

Last edited:

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
I like everything being clean and sharp and not distracting...

I hate hate hate hate hate the flashing meter it is so distracting.... Maybe a small pulse or bloom... Or a much slower flash would work...
Has this bothered anyone else or have they said anything about it?

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
Who remembers in MKDA & MKD where you could get in "Fatality" mode and the character would freeze and inputing fatalities were much easier to perform.

Doubt THAT will return, but I actually liked that feature.

But as for everything else, its great! Don't change a thing!

I hope this is the correct place to ask this question: But do we know if the fighting engine is based on MK 9 or Injustice?

haketh

Noob
I hope this is the correct place to ask this question: But do we know if the fighting engine is based on MK 9 or Injustice?
All three use the same engine. An engine can last you a long ass time & be used for all kinds of games, hell most of the early VS games were still made with SF2 engine.

Batman2000

4/14/15 Baby!!!!!
I disagree with the OP's point about the Stamina and Health bars, I think these are the two parts of the HUD that really need to change, IMO. Especially the Stamina bar, it is too light and too small, it's very hard to tell when it decreases and when it fills up, and the health bar is just very "blah" IMO lol. I'm all for going in a new direction with the HUD, but I think the Health and Stamina Bars definitely need to be changed, too something more unique and easier to see. I absolutely agree about the announcer saying "FIGHT" after Round 2 and Final Round(which I love instead of Round 3 btw), that has been bothering me for a while, hopefully that's changed.

Also, the announcer does not announce "Character Wins" or "Flawless Victory" when you win a round, it would be cool if they changed that, the announcer has announced those in every MK game.

maybe bc Ive never really played MK 9 enough to know that Injustice used the same engine. But, what I do remember that Injustice felt different to me. That's why I was asking.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Anyone else notice the top of the HUD resembles facial features? I think the health and stamina bars are Boon's eyebrows.

That was fucking hilarious!

That aside, I actually really like the design for the health and stamina bar, BUT it IS way too small to decipher. My wee suggestion:

-Keep the stamina bar line under cuz it looks sexy af under the health bar, BUT make it just a bottom part of the health bar. Like extend it to match the health bar's length and act as 1.
-Turn the round winning amulet thing into the stamina bar, or rather circle. Obviously if it's all white, your have 2 bars. Half a circle means one(duh), and nothing is zero.
-Implement a simple new feature for round winning such as skulls like in previous versions, or if they wanna get real fancy, a specific totem per character that builds up. Like Kitana for example, could have a fan, and half is completed for one round, and then the other half for the final round she wins. Just a thought about the totem thing though, but not really necessary at all

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
I actually liked the announcer. I'm assuming it's the same one as MK9(idfk)....BUT I loved it so much more when it was really aggressive at the end of the matches, with a legit FINISH HIM/HER! not that wack as fuck, finish him....like it's an option. The one I'm talking about was a damn command.

BUt if it's a new one, I spoke to a few about this, and Sindel XD

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I hope NRS decides to implement HUD positioning like Capcom does (maybe even have presets), because as it stands, the HUD is still too high, and will be covered by stream overlays that work for other games. Just something like that may be small normally, but for tournament streams, this will be an issue.