What's new

Announcer, Fonts, Lifebars, EX & X-Ray meter, over all order of things (regarding last MKX stream)

ShaolinChuan

LEARN FROM THIS
I'd like to discuss the importance of these graphics features here and hopefully they will be addressed.

The announcer does not say "FIGHT!" after the first round is finished. When it says Round 2 or Final Round, the match just sort of starts. I was hoping they'd fix this issue, and yes I know they said in the twitch stream that nothing is finalized yet, but hopefully they will change this. MK is not Killer Instinct or Injustice(and boy do I love those games).

Please keep it the traditional way where the announcer always says FIGHT after every round.

I was very happy to see that they fixed the order of which the announcer says the name of the character who wins, and then FATALITY. In every MKX build before this version, he'd say Fatality first.

If you noticed, the word FATALITY was also a bigger and bolder font than the previous ones in the current build. I like it. Then the white bar above the word and under the characters name has also been upgraded, looks better IMO.

New FATALITY font:

Old FATALITY font:

Up next, the winning round indicator icon under the stamina bar.

Winning icon indicator:

Currently, it looks like you get half a circle for each round, and a full circle for winning 2 rounds. The shape resembles the amulet, circle outside with a small square hole in the middle. What do you guys think, should it stay the way it is or should it be changed? I believe in the past they used skulls. I could go either way I guess, this stuff doesn't bother me too much.

The Lifebars, stamina, EX or X-ray meters all look great! I'm glad this will not be changed, everything looks perfect there. The white transparent color is a nice change of the old green meters. I think it goes well with the overall direction of the game.

There are only 2.5 months left before the game is out, and now is the time to address and correct these issues. I remember during Deadly Alliances build up to the release, a lot of these issues were there too, if anyone else remembers, were fixed in the release version of the game.

I'd like to know your opinions on these matters, as it is important for me personally to help make this game the best it can possibly become, because as it stands, MKX is going to be the best Mortal Kombat game ever released, and possibly for a long time in years to come.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
...The Lifebars, stamina, EX or X-ray meters all look great! I'm glad this will not be changed, everything looks perfect there. The white transparent color is a nice change of the old green meters. I think it goes well with the overall direction of the game.
Totally agree. It gives the fights a cinematic perspective, I love it. Very simplistic but still functional.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I agree with you on almost everything!

I find it very hard to tell when the stamina bars are full/half/empty/anywhere in between. Please just let them disappear or add in more contrast to make it easier to tell the difference. Maybe it's just me or the way it looks on stream instead of in person, if so then I'll be quiet.

I believe it's their goal to put alot of the focus on the fight, with few HUD elements and little announcer interference, the same way survival horror games often have a very unintrusive HUD in order to increase immersion.

I like that...but that being said, I cannot for the life of me see the dam stamina bars, they are small and blend into the health bars. I know it will probably change, but I'm hoping they don't just forget about it.

E

Eldriken

Who doesn't want Goro (from the MK movie) as the announcer? >=O

Also, this might just be me, but I'd like to have the Fatality logo and animation from MK2. The blood dripping off of it was nice. =D

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The only thing i want to see reverted back and to stay that way for the released version is that no one in this game should've started the fight with a bar of meter, not only gives advantage with characters who are much stronger when they already have a bar, but because the award of the first hit grants a full bar of meter, which in consequence is a free breaker.

I hated a lot in MK9, you get a insane read, a beautiful punish, a classy combo, only to be destroyed because your opponent build his meter too fast.

I was really happy on the past builds when they took this in consideratio, but in the recent stream there is already a bar for each, and honestly i think this should go away.

DominicanAddy94

I'm on PSN
I wish they would change the stamina bars, as I think it is too small to see, but I have never seen it in person so that may change. Also I really hope they change the font and everything about how the word Fatality looks. It needs to look big and brutal, and maybe have blood dripping from it like in MK9. As of now it looks way too clean, nothing Mortal Kombat about it at all. Also agree with the announcer saying "FIGHT" after rounds 2 and 3.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
I really like the font and look of the UI. One small suggestion would be to make the life bars slightly bigger or thicker. There's quite a gap between the characters and the lifebar. Also maybe make the Stamina bar a little bigger.

I definitely agree the announcer needs to say FIGHT after the round number. And I'd go back to the "Character Wins...Fatality" instead of "Fatality...Character Wins". Just for traditions sake.

I do love how the I in him like drops down during the finish him font. Thats a nice touch.

ShaolinChuan

LEARN FROM THIS
Another thing worth mentioning, the character loading screens are now gone, after you've selected characters... Now replaced with a MORTAL KOMBAT X and Dragon logo background. I think that's a temporary placeholder, probably trying to finalize this as the game gets closer to finish.